Quantcast
AEB-L steel knives
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AEB-L steel knives

AEB-L steel knives

I've found these knives sold online at ****. But I'm wondering if any one knows who in Toronto might be selling knives using this steel. Is there a Canadian online shop I can order from?

What is the approximate HRC on such knives?

If I were you I'd look at more characteristics than the steel, there are other factors which IMO are more important e.g. Profile, grind geometry, HT etc

Saying that Sakai Yusuke AEBL knives get consistently good write ups
    http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...d=380435271116

Quote Originally Posted by TB_London View Post
    If I were you I'd look at more characteristics than the steel, there are other factors which IMO are more important e.g. Profile, grind geometry, HT etc

Saying that Sakai Yusuke AEBL knives get consistently good write ups
    http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...d=380435271116
    I totally agree that there is more to choosing a knife than steel type. I just happen to hear about AEB-L steel knives and wanted to know what makes use this steel and where i could buy one (preferably in Toronto).

Thanks for the link.

I only know of one high-end knife shop in Toronto (I'm sure there are more), and that's Tosho Knife Arts: https://toshoknifearts.com/

Not sure if they have anything in AEB-L, but you might give them a call and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny.B.Good View Post
    I only know of one high-end knife shop in Toronto (I'm sure there are more), and that's Tosho Knife Arts: https://toshoknifearts.com/

Not sure if they have anything in AEB-L, but you might give them a call and see.
    Thanks. Know that shop well and the owners Oliva & Ivan. Good people. Decent selection of JP knives and other high quality cookware. Of the brands they do carry (e.g. Konosuke, Takeda...etc.)...don't think any of them use AEB-L steel. Perhaps they have something not listed on their website.

Will keep looking. Not that I'm focusing on AEB-L steel knives only. Just one of many.

Knife, on Queen St, carries Sakai Takayuki; which makes a stainless knife series in AEB-L called Grand Chef.
    They also carry Suisin, whose "Inox Honyoki" line is of very high quality and made with a steel that is nearly a twin to AEBL-L.
    The in-store selection is limited, but there are examples available to examine and others are available for order.
    -Enjoy the ride. *** All statements made herein are my personal opinion and nothing more, regardless of tone or context. ***

Sponsors
    19c27 and 13c26 (read- AEB-L) are not twins at all... pretty different actually.

Isn't the konosuke stainless series aeb-l?

Quote Originally Posted by wenus2 View Post
    Knife, on Queen St, carries Sakai Takayuki; which makes a stainless knife series in AEB-L called Grand Chef.
    They also carry Suisin, whose "Inox Honyoki" line is of very high quality and made with a steel that is nearly a twin to AEBL-L.
    The in-store selection is limited, but there are examples available to examine and others are available for order.
    Thanks pal. Will keep the ST Grand Chef line in mind.

And I think the Konosuke Stainless might be using the same steel...I see them labeled as using "Swedish Steel". AEB-L is Swedish I believe. So I guess it's possible. Will check with the shop owner. If it is I'll confirm just in case any one else is interested to know for sure.