Order

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAD

Reaction score
Just ordered my first board from BoardSmith!! Now the wait :biggrin:

Chris D. :D

Just be sure to make it clear exactly what you expect to receive. I failed to do so and was disappointed...my fault entirely and no reflection on David. His workmanship is impeccable.

The small hard maple! It was a tough choice between wood types!!
Thanks,

Chris D.:D

Congratulations! I have the maple magnum. No regrets. Love mine don't know how I lived without mine before. I use it daily.

Got a question for you fine folks.... Received my first board made out of hard maple and I was surprised to see a couple of pieces that I would not consider as "select grade with almost no blemishes". Could someone host pictures for me so I can get your options please?

Chris D.

It would have been better to have contacted me prior with photos, descriptions and questions before posting here. I would have been happy to work with you.

It would have been better to have contacted me prior with photos, descriptions and questions before posting here. I would have been happy to work with you.

Sorry, my bad...I just sent you an email.

Thanks, Chris D.:D

To quote myself in post #3 above, "Just be sure to make it clear exactly what you expect to receive. I failed to do so and was disappointed...my fault entirely and no reflection on David. His workmanship is impeccable. "

I'd like to see a picture(s) of your board, just out of curiosity.

Looks like (on the Boardsmith subforum) he returned it and isn't too happy about the situation. Doubt we'll get to see any pics.

In response to Chifunda - We were able to work this out and a new one is almost ready. I assume he was talking about the wood in the board that was a lighter color and asked for one a darker shade of mahogany. I will be happy to post a photo tomorrow once I return to the shop with my camera.

Back