• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Mizuno Tanrenjo 270mm gyuto-$300

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pescador

Engorged Member
Reaction score
Sorry about the crappy picks...more to follow tomorrow. Great knife. Blue #2 monosteel. This one is more biased for a righty than a lefty-thats why I'm selling it. Passing it on for what I paid, $300. Clean and well taken care of. Was recently sharpened by TK59. IMG_20120530_211753.jpgIMG_20120530_211733.jpgIMG_20120530_211700.jpg

I love how "recently sharpened by TK59" is a selling point. :doublethumbsup:

Best of luck on the sale!

Its a whole lot better than "recently sharpened by Pesky"!

Stupid iPad camera. It was supposed to make my photos better...obviously not the case!

Stupid iPad camera. It was supposed to make my photos better...obviously not the case!

Don't despair... they could yet pass as production stills from The Blair Witch Project. :eek2:

Good luck on the sale!

So I can't find my camera since I moved so I used my phone...pictures are still a lot better though.

IMAG0052.jpg

IMAG0053.jpg

IMAG0055.jpg

Actually, my four year old daughter practiced sharpening on it. I take zero responsibility for that edge. :groucho:

Hi

Do you have a close up pic of the spine and machi please

Alan

Hey Alan!
I will be running around later but will try to shoot some pics of the spine and machi for you.

This one is SPFs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Somebody decided that buying a knife wasn't as important as paying the rent.

This one is back on the market guys! Alan I'll get those pictures out to you later...

1st the 270 Suisin Inox Honyaki, now this. You guys are freakin' killing me!!! I'm a 270 kinda guy. I need some money to partake in all these fabulous deals. I still haven't had any takers on trades for Star Wars collectibles either. C'mon everybody should pick up another "collecting " hobby!

Man I kind wish I had the dough to buy this puppy back it served me real well and was my first gyuto. This one should go to a good home. Whoever gets it will be one happy person.

I just realized it is a 270. How long is it heel to spine?

I would be all over this, but I'm a lefty, too. Would a strong left biased edge help, or is the grind too evident?

I have to say, my friend has a 270 akitada hontanren and it patinas super yellow and ugly, my mizuno honyaki blue dx patinas very blue and sexy, so don't go off Salty's mizuno patina, this will not get that patina. It is however well worth the 300$, I am debating this one myself. Funny thing though, my friend is a lefty and uses the mizuno no problem, its not right biased, whereas my mizuno is basically flat on the back, righty only. These knives seem very inconsistent from grind to handles, but I still like them alot. Must resist this knife.

What is the actual length along the edge? Also, is this the same as the Blue dx knives that salty loves?

It runs long...prob over 250 mm, IIRC. Salty's knife is not the same but it is blue steel. It takes a nice edge and it definitely retains a working edge longer than white. +1 to cookin's comments. It's a nice performer.

Back