Quantcast
Seeking advise on side to go with Short Ribs
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Seeking advise on side to go with Short Ribs

Seeking advise on side to go with Short Ribs

I'm sure that someone on this forum has a knock-out side dish for Sous Vide bone-in beef ribs. When I get home tonight, I'm going to take them out of a 130 degree bath after 50hrs. Was going to chill them, season and smoke them for an hour or so, then give them a quick blow-job with the iwatani torch.

Looking for a side that I can make within an hour or so. What do you think would work?

Cole slaw.
    Now is not the time to bother me. And it's always now. Wiley Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Lucretia View Post
    Cole slaw.
    +1 you were reading my mind's first thought.Followed by baked beans or macaroni and cheese.
    But alas no spectacular recipe.

Btw Jealous. Can't wait to get my gadgets in the next few weeks. Hope you can help me replicate those ribs.

Engorged Member
    Grits with deep-fried scallion strings

Quote Originally Posted by Lucretia View Post
    Cole slaw.
    +2 no doubt
    Tom Gray, Seagrove, NC

no recipe, but horseradish mashed potatoes are popping into my head right now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Edge View Post
    no recipe, but horseradish mashed potatoes are popping into my head right now.
    Damn you! Now I will have to make that today. I love that.

More ribs?

Good stuff guys thanks. Cole Slaw, curious. I've got one that I make with chiplote and buttermilk. I actually have baked beans in the refrigerator too.

Deckhand, You are Mr KKF post master, what do you have it hooked up to an instant messenger? LOL

When is your gear coming? I want to hear your feedback on that monster Vacmaster. You'll love the poly-science, always get a kick out of it when I see them use it on Iron Chef.

Quote Originally Posted by Mucho Bocho View Post
    Good stuff guys thanks. Cole Slaw, curious. I've got one that I make with chiplote and buttermilk. I actually have baked beans in the refrigerator too.

Deckhand, You are Mr KKF post master, what do you have it hooked up to an instant messenger? LOL

When is your gear coming? I want to hear your feedback on that monster Vacmaster. You'll love the poly-science, always get a kick out of it when I see them use it on Iron Chef.
    Nope no instant messenger. Just playing mister mom to my four kids. Always worked at least 80hr weeks running medical departments for treatment centers. Seems to be working better having wife working at a law firm keeping her busy. Long story. But I get more cooking,dishes,laundry, homework,etc. done and it doesn't bother me to be stuck home with the kids in fact it's a privilege.
    In reference to monster vacmaster. I keep wondering if I will be making a mistake not getting one that seals on vacuum pressure percent like a minipack mvs31x vs timer style.Should pull the trigger in next two weeks on my decision. I will do beef ribs first. Hope yours turn out well. I will definitely keep you in the loop.

+ Reply to Thread