Know anything about this camping knife I found?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rahimlee54

Founding Member
Reaction score
I found this knife among my stuff that I had at my mom's house. My dad gave it to me at some point when I was around 12-13. It never really saw much use but I'd like to pull it out and use it now. I was wondering if anyone knew or has heard of this brand before. It says Solingen steel on one side.

Thanks
Jared

IMG_20120531_163147.jpg

IMG_20120531_163221.jpg

According to Goins' Encycolpedia of Cutlery Markings....

Cherokee c.1977-1978

A trademark used by W.R. Case & Sons

My first thought was that this is a Case pattern and knowing that they imported a lot of fixed blades from Solingen this makes sense to me. :)

Yewp, looks like a take on the Schrade Sharp Finger.

A classic... still have mine.

I found this knife among my stuff that I had at my mom's house. My dad gave it to me at some point when I was around 12-13. It never really saw much use but I'd like to pull it out and use it now. I was wondering if anyone knew or has heard of this brand before. It says Solingen steel on one side.

Thanks
Jared

IMG_20120531_163147.jpg

That's clearly Dr. Elizabeth Warren's old knife.

Cheers,

Jack

Yewp, looks like a take on the Schrade Sharp Finger.

A classic... still have mine.

Had mine for 30 years. Amazingly versatile shape and size and, like the name implies, works just like an extension of your finger. Schrade was liquidated and ended up in the hands of Taylor Cutlery, I think, and now are made, naturally, in China. Your knife is probably much better. How old you think it is?

Had mine for 30 years. Amazingly versatile shape and size and, like the name implies, works just like an extension of your finger. Schrade was liquidated and ended up in the hands of Taylor Cutlery, I think, and now are made, naturally, in China. Your knife is probably much better. How old you think it is?
The new ones are China I believe.

Mine (ours) is gotta be near 30 years old as well.
Carbon steel.

Thought I lost it on a wilderness camping trip years ago... found it in the garage recently.

My son said, "Dad, don't you remember,... you gave that one to me".

lol

Perfect. Every son should have a knife given to him by his dad. I have an Old Hickory 6" utility knife that my dad used when he was a butcher (a real butcher, not a meat cutter). Has to be at least 80 years old (Actually, I have about five of them in various configurations from boning knife to cleaver). Has an almost midnight black patina, shiny as a lake on a calm day. That old carbon steel takes a dynamite edge (1095?). I wouldn't trade it for any knife in the world. <g>

Back