Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to the forum and seeking ideas

Welcome!

I can only comment on the larger CCK...it is easy to sharpen and holds an edge rather nicely though the steel has an unusually cheap feel to it. Also, I wound up rounding mine to give it a bit of belly as I felt it was just a bit too flat for my use.

Cheers

Welcome! Always nice to have another Chinese cleaver guy here. What type of cleaver are you using now?

Welcome to KKF!

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Quote Originally Posted by sw2geeks View Post
    Welcome! Always nice to have another Chinese cleaver guy here. What type of cleaver are you using now?
    I am now seeking my first cleaver.

I have a 4.3sun Funayuki from Carter (which needs a new handle), a 240mm suji from Kikuichi and a 105mm petty from Hattori and have sold off others including a Watanabe. I also have used Dave Martells sharpening services before and am glad to be back in touch with the knowledgeable.

I would like to say thanks to all who have welcomed me.

Thanks again,

Mike

Welcome! My dad owned a chinese restaurant for over 13 years in Houston and had the freaking sharpest cleavers I've ever touched. He could chop through half a chicken into 1-inch sections without it breaking form. That's all they use in the restaurant for everything. For home use I have a big heavy cleaver that I use as a bone-crusher and also lighter, thinner one for slicing and cutting, both of which were passed down to me so I don't know the brand. I guess it depends on if you are using it to chop thru bones and thick chunks of meat.

Quote Originally Posted by gamblerS4 View Post
    I am now seeking my first cleaver.

I have a 4.3sun Funayuki from Carter (which needs a new handle), a 240mm suji from Kikuichi and a 105mm petty from Hattori and have sold off others including a Watanabe. I also have used Dave Martells sharpening services before and am glad to be back in touch with the knowledgeable.

I would like to say thanks to all who have welcomed me.

Thanks again,

Mike

Welcome and enjoy the ride

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    Welcome