Computers/Internet

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DWSmith

Still Plays With Blocks
Reaction score
When I was in the other shop, I got a Time-Warner wireless internet service. Even in that small town I could get 4G with three bars on the meter.

When I moved the shop last year, the Time-Warner service was terrible here and all I could get was 3G and sometimes 2G with maybe 2 bars of service on the meter. So I upgraded to Verizon 4G LTE which was somewhat faster. However, the Verizon service would suddenly shut off in mid-stream leaving me to have to reboot. An upgrade to the software helped. Then I noticed the signal strength getting weaker and weaker until all I was getting was 2 bars with slow service and refresh rates. Nothing Verizon could do helped even a little. In fact, Verizon seemed to be very nonchalant about the whole issue.

So today I now have Time-Warner Road Runner hard wired in the shop and it is so much faster. A little more expensive but worth it.

Lucky you to have options. Roadrunner is cable not DSL right? That kind of speed must be fun.

-AJ

I could have gotten DSL but the cost for that from the local phone company is obscene. Road Runner is quicker and more dependable.

I've gone through something similar. I used to have wireless for a long time. The service was never all that fast, and occasionally I'd have to reset the modem b/c it would stop working. The modem finally died on me earlier this year, and calling customer support, all they did was run me through what could be problems with my computer. When I finally got them to admit it was my modem, they transferred the call and told me I had two options: 1, go back to support and trouble shoot some more, or 2, cancel the service since they didn't have any extra modems that would work in my area. Now I've got cable, and it amazes me that I "lived" with wireless for so long. Hope you enjoy your faster, more stable internet David!

Latest posts

Back