Quantcast
Confirmation - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Confirmation

Love Salty vids.

Been putting off ordering a custom Pierre, and it just keeps getting harder, my friend at work is getting a suji right now, it seems Pierre is taking over, Oh Canada. Great vid salty, if it laughs at the 400 sounds like it will take you a little bit to put a really scary sharp edge, I bet it holds about 80% long long time though. Any idea what steel that one is salty? I know Pierre dabbles in all types of stuff.

Just like old times. Great video as always, Salty. Thanks for sharing.

For now, all I will say the steel is a high carbon powder steel. It game out of HT at HRC 69, I drew it back to 64.5. It has flex, my limited testing says its tough, and doesn't seem to be prone to chipping. I asked Salty to give it a good run, and he was gracious enough to help me out. I didn't think he had tried any of my knives yet, so I figured I would get a fair, clean evaluation of the steel. I'll say this, it doesn't want to be polished at all! If I do end up using it again, and I repeat this transitional grind, I will have to rethink how to do it. Reactivity seems to be in line with O1. I expect edge retention to be very high. Down side to the steel, you will be sharpening it longer than other steels to refine the edge.

Thanks again Salty!

Feel free to visit my website, http://www.rodrigueknives.com
    Email pierre@rodrigueknives.com

Amazing work, both of you!
    I wonder how it compares to S35VN, or others on the stones. Salty, do you think it might be a diamond plate knife?
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    Great vid as always Salty. Love the knife too. I started out watching it like , then, then , then

So many sweet emotions going on there. I wonder how it would be trying to sharpen it at 69 hrc.

Pierre, Great looking knife. That spacer is just popping and very striking. Def. a functional piece of art.

+ Reply to Thread