Harner Kiritsuke-Gyuto Passaround

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
If anyone is interested, I will do a passaround of the Butch Harner kiritsuke-gyuto I recently posted in my gallery: http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/s...Tiger-s-Knives?p=113725&viewfull=1#post113725

The knife is with Eamon right now getting a saya made for it.

The usual rules apply - keep it a week, sharpen it only if you know what you're doing, insure it when shipping to the next person on the list. No need to write a review, but if you want to post about your experience, please do.

I'm thinking six to eight participants, preference given to Site Supporters. Minimum of 50 posts or if you're known to me. Selection won't be first come, first served so to give anyone working today a chance to put their name in the hat. PM me or reply in this thread if you're interested.

One disclaimer, the right-hand scale has a hairline crack that has been repaired with CA glue. It has held up for over six months, and I don't expect it to come apart, but if it does during the passaround, c'est la vie.

Rick

I have a very similar knife albeit a different shape, but its awesome.

View attachment 7569

Its a monster to play with and hold. If I didn't have this I would get in on this passaround ASAP.

I would love to try one of Butch's knives, I am in if you'll have me.

LOL I was just used my Butch "machette" as it's been called at work, I don't dare try one of his carbon blades as I'm already trying to afford a knife I can't afford :p
NewKUfromButch.jpg

I would love a chance to see how his O1 is, as well as try out that big honkin' profile!

I have been wanting to try one of Butches knives. Please count me in.

Wow, these things always fill so fast! I'd love to try one of his knives and this is a very unique design. I like cleavers and this doesn't seem too far off.

Okay, I count eleven, and because I hate to cut anyone out who's replied, everyone's in.

Here's the list:

Pabloz
stereo.pete
obtuse
knyfeknerd
HHH Knives
El Pescador
SpikeC
JMJones
Crothcipt
EdipisReks
Justin0505

So, if everyone will PM me with their name, shipping address and contact information, I'll get the ball rolling.

Rick

Gaaahhh!!! Late tables!!!!! I need a pass around rss feed straight to my phone :p

One latecomer, ThEoRy, added to make an even dozen participants.

Still waiting on a couple of addresses so I can micromanage the passaround order.

Rick

I wish you luck, my friend.
I think you have a solid list here, but it can, a times get a bit...ummm...hectic.

There wasn't any geographic co-location to consider, so I put the 12 participant's usernames in alphabetical order, then took out my 12-sided die (everyone has a 12-sided die, right?) and used it to determine this list:

stereo.pete
Crothcipt
Justin0505
SpikeC
JMJones
HHH Knives
EdipisReks
knyfeknerd
El Pescador
obtuse
ThEoRy
Pabloz

As soon as Eamon finishes up with the saya/sheath, the Harner will be on its way to stereo.pete.

Rick

Unfortunately, my 12 sided die is on loan, but yes, I think everyone has one.
This should be a fun passaround :) If comments come from it, I'll be reading them with quite a bit of interest.

Mine got lost with my 50d. But I think I have a 20 some were around here. There is a store down the street were I can get what ever die I want.

I can't wait:film:

Ok, so when I receive it, who put the last edge on it, Eamon or Rick?

Me. Should go out later today, depends on the logistics of things.

Latest posts

Back