Knife Block

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajhuff

Banned
Reaction score
As my knife collection expands, :) , I've decided I need a second knife block on the counter. Right now I have a Henckels block that has served my excellently for 15+ years. It holds the Henckels steak knives and a hodgepodge of "house knives for other people to use." My work knives are in my small roll and then all my other good knives are in my large roll. I would like to move those knives out of the roll and onto a counter unit so that they actually get used. This is why I am thinking of another knife block. I'm not interested in a custom knife block (WOW those were nice and WAAAAY outside my price range).

Any suggestions? I could just get a second matching block of what I already have. Another one I thought about is this mega-block from Wusthof. Anything else I should consider?

Thanks,

-AJ

PS This is my first choice but apparently not available. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
If a custom is out, then I would just get a second Henckels to match your first and keep them side by side. No complaints after 15+ years? Why look around for something different.

I had a smaller Henckels block. Then I went to something similar to your block. Then, I added a custom from BoardSMITH to go with the larger Henckels block. Now, I'm using the Wusthof and the BoardSMITH. The rest are getting rotated in and out of random containers in a closet. Anyway, I'm pretty happy with the Wusthof, considering how inexpensive it was.

I had a smaller Henckels block. Then I went to something similar to your block. Then, I added a custom from BoardSMITH to go with the larger Henckels block. Now, I'm using the Wusthof and the BoardSMITH. The rest are getting rotated in and out of random containers in a closet. Anyway, I'm pretty happy with the Wusthof, considering how inexpensive it was.

Will the Wusthoff accommodate 270's? I am in a similar situation.

Will the Wusthoff accommodate 270's? I am in a similar situation.
It holds everything up to 300 mm just fine. My Devin wa0suji is 315 on the edge and it sticks out the bottom by about a cm. There are two 65 mm wide slots that will accomodate almost anything. The other large slots are 52 mm wide which is cutting it a little close for a lot of 270's. Don't expect amazing fit and finish, either.

I have one of those Wuesthof blocks als and think it's good value compared to a custom solution. I also have a very nice custom block, but that was customized for the knives I had 3 years ago...

Stefan

I wanted a Boardsmith but alas there were no more to be... so I picked up this one in Cherry as a scratch n dent for $25 on ebay. It really is a nice block bar getting a custom. The top slot fits my 10" ZJA Kramer no problem. Even for $100 it s/b a decent block.

Back