To cleaver fan, just saw a yoshi SLD up for sale

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schanop

Reaction score
This chukka looks pretty:

402865764.jpg

402865737.jpg

Just saw it at Takeshi's place: a Yoshikane SLD thin slicer ...

Am drooling again.

Sweet! I think that western handles an bolsters look cool on eastern knives. Kind of a "so wrong, it's right" thing.
Link?

Dam that is sweet. I just have to break down and get a cheap one to see if I would like one.

Pretty nice looking. 463 grams. Not bad for a Yoshikane.

the handle seems more suited for a gyuto, usually handles-even western ones on cleavers are a little bigger. I bet I could get used to it though. Might push the balance a little more forward than usual which would be good for a cleaver perhaps.

I like the edge profile, and I'm sure the steel is really nice, but that handle would hold me back from getting it. Assuming I had the money to spare for it at the moment, that is :)

See that this morning, if I hadn't just bought some new knives I'd be all over it. I keep moving away from cleavers as I don't think they're the most appropriate style for my current job, but they're just so much fun to use :knife:

He's listed a small Shigefusa kasumi yanagi and kitaeji deba too.

In spite of being a bit heavy looks quite thin. Sure it is a great cleaver.

The Forum Cleaver has a western handle, which works surprisingly well.

Jay

well there are many western handles that work well. the problem is it seems to be undersized for a cleaver. I would never want to use the forum cleaver either. just personal preference.

Back