Quantcast
Carter On Ebay - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Carter On Ebay

Quote Originally Posted by GlassEye View Post
    Spend some more time here and you will soon be rounding down to $500 regularly.
    All too true...

Quote Originally Posted by BurkeCutlery View Post
    You asked for any info, and here you go:
    It's a 4 sun Stainless Fukugozai Funayuki in Hitachi White #2 steel...
    Yeah. It sorta looks like there might be an "S" right next to the ferrule but it does look more like it would be a rubbed out "W." However, Carter does not and never has used white #2. He uses white #1.

Quote Originally Posted by tk59 View Post
    Yeah. It sorta looks like there might be an "S" right next to the ferrule but it does look more like it would be a rubbed out "W." However, Carter does not and never has used white #2. He uses white #1.
    True 'nuff. My bad. I knew it was some kind of white steel, which he always insists on telling everyone is made by Hitachi, but couldn't remember which.

Sloppy googling led me to his page on making Damascus and I misunderstood it.

I was told just now that Murray does in fact give away blue steel knives, and has done so in the last few weeks as a result of his switching to exclusively White #1.

This may not seem important, I know.
    But it is.
    So that's why I'm bothering telling you so.

When I bought my neck knife from Murray back in 2010, I got a gift from him of a blue steel SFGZ-RH funayuki:

Perhaps Murray determined that neck knife people are not usually kitchen knife people and started giving away small kitchen knives to get them hooked.

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    Makes me want to buy a kneck knife. I did like what he had when I was looking at his work last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny.B.Good View Post
    Perhaps Murray determined that neck knife people are not usually kitchen knife people and started giving away small kitchen knives to get them hooked.
    He's quite upfront about what he's doing. This is from one of his newsletters:

In order that my Knife Tip Subscribers can experience two of the best knives in the world that represent real assets in the cutlery world, I will hand select for you a Carter hand-forged general purpose kitchen knife from our current inventory of Stainless Fukugozai or Stainless Fukugozai-Riveted Handle kitchen knives , worth over $150, absolutely FREE when you purchase a Carter neck knife. Now you will have two of the most inherently useful knives in the world.

I'm making this incredibly one-sided offer in your favor because I want to prove to you that my goal in doing business with you is to establish a life-long relationship with you. This relationship will be based on trust, superior products and knowledge and superior customer service.

BTW, if any of you are considering buying a Carter, subscribe to the Free Knife Care Tips on his website. This is where the discount offers are made.

Rick

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    Ya I have been getting quite a few this week. I have yet to read them yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Pensacola Tiger View Post
    He's quite upfront about what he's doing.
    Smart.

+ Reply to Thread