Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First scrimshaw

excellent work Mike!
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by sachem allison View Post
    and I appreciate it. I will be presenting the knife in person at the end of July, I'm going to go home for a little bit. Maybe see if I can dig up some more of my stuff. Somewhere, I have a wicker trunk full of cleavers, 39" long cow splitter, one 36" long hog splitter. If I can find them I also have some fossilized sea cow bones and a few oosics.

Hmmm... Sea cow

Thanks guys! Sea cow bone is absolutely beautiful...Son i want dibs :P hahaha It looks awesome when it is polished

if i can find it your in, it's jet black and sounds like glass. I found tons of it when I worked for a paleontologist one year in Orange county.

Don't forget me! Lets talk...

Feel free to visit my website, http://www.rodrigueknives.com
    Email pierre@rodrigueknives.com

alright, only if i can find it, i have so many boxes and so little time.lol

Mike thats amazing! Your so talented. I can see it now.. Your gona be VERY busy scratching ivory and horn my brother!!

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Quote Originally Posted by HHH Knives View Post
    Mike thats amazing! Your so talented. I can see it now.. Your gona be VERY busy scratching ivory and horn my brother!!
    Just from you alone!!! LOL Thanks Randy, it is because of you i am able to do this stuff. I have another one started and maybe half way done. I will unveil it tomorrow Actually i have 2 started(You know the other) but that one is going to take some time... Thanks a lot guys I am flattered you like my stuff, and i am going to take it up a few notches

Quote Originally Posted by sachem allison View Post
    if i can find it your in, it's jet black and sounds like glass. I found tons of it when I worked for a paleontologist one year in Orange county.
    Hope I get on the sea cow list. Btw was it in orange county, calif. where you were digging? Pm me. Also, I am probably coming to New York on some high seniority flight passes later this year hope to see you.

Cool stuff - not only the great scrimshaw, also the potential to get some more old bones and stuff. If I am still at it at that time, I'd also be interested! Always wanted to try oosik also. So much to play with, so little time...

Stefan