Japanese Knives Custom 300mm White Steel Honyaki Yanagiba from Gesshin Hide

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBroida

KKF Vendor
Founding Member
Reaction score
This was a custom order... i wanted to take nicer pictures of it, but the owner of the knife came in so quick to pick it up we didnt have a chance to. Anyways, here are the pictures we did take (from the cell phone... sorry)

a01a0c40ac6411e1aebc1231381b647a_7.jpg

464564_10150879035488860_369479678859_9848696_1389847611_o.jpg

300mm White Honyaki with ebony octagon handle, nickel silver spacer, and ebony saya.. left handed

not a chance... he's way too busy. I barely get to hang out with him and he works 10 minutes from where i live.

Maybe next time i hang out with him, i can take some more pictures.

They can make a wide variety of stuff... some much more beautiful than even this. But for the most part, i stock the blue #1 gesshin hide because they are great knives (especially for the price) and are designed to really be used in a professional environment (not just a show piece... even if that show piece can really be used). We actually do quite a few special orders from gesshin hide.

My first thought was 'Wow, very nice but somehow wrong' before I realized it was a leftie...

Stefan

A lefty in the store and I didn't even get to see you hold it?!?! Not fair... Awesome looking knife. And yes, the blue #2 gyuto by Hide is an awesome knife for a professional kitchen!

Back