Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Son's Homemade Brandy

Quote Originally Posted by sachem allison View Post
    I should have sent a bottle with Dave to bring you...
    "Bottle? What bottle? Don't know what to tell you Travis, Son didn't give me any bottles for you..."

The Native Heat is very good with strong chili component. The Mandarin Heat is excellent and more refined and complex with a slightly sweet orange liqueur/Grand Marnier (sp?) introduction and a chili finish. Both can be compared to good single malts with different layers of tastes. Great accompaniment to cigars, especially the MH.

I'd be interested in participating, and maybe getting some input from alcoholic beverage professionals first. This is clearly an open niche market and Son may need to refine the product to meet the tastes of the consumer.
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough." —Mark Twain

The craft beer industry is absolutely booming and I believe craft liquors to be the next big thing. Good luck Son with your business endeavors and hopefully one day I'll be able to pick up a bottle of your Brandy.
    Twitter: @PeterDaEater

It could be called "son" shine.

My daughter tried both and liked them a lot. She's 24 and does some writing about restaurant and food trends for the Philadelphia City Paper and will probably do similar stuff in Brooklyn. She thinks the market is speakeasy style and cocktail bars in Williamsburg. "I think it's a specific demographic mid 20's to mid 30's. Young hipsters, well educated with disposable income. I think a lot of bars will buy it...but what do I know?"

She recommends Quaker City Mercantile as a branding agency. "The old style bottles would appeal to dudes who wax their mustaches."

From the mouths of babes.
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough." —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by mano View Post
    She recommends Quaker City Mercantile as a branding agency.
    I just looked at their website...what a cool looking company. Great work.

Go for it Son!

Quote Originally Posted by Deckhand View Post
    It could be called "son" shine.
    There ya go! I wouldn't mind acquiring a few bottles of this stuff.

Thanks guys, they look interesting. I'm going to make a few calls, talk to a few people and see if we can get the ball rolling.
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

Any updates? I saw an earlier post that kickstarter does not allow alcohol but there is a project on there for a brewery near me, maybe something changed?

I think Son needs to focus on preparing a few batches for distribution at the ECG...