Quantcast
Gray Kunz Spoons - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Gray Kunz Spoons

They are quite wide, so at first you might not think they are great for quenelles, but in fact they do a great job.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Has anyone used both the Kunz and knock-offs from the one place? How do they compare?

I have used both the original Kunz spoons and have purchased the 2 pieces set from that place. I honestly cant say there is a noticable difference between the two. I use them everyday at work and they are a pleasure.

Ordered some Kunz spoons today (two large, two small) and I'm pretty excited. I'm definetely going to be protective of them as in just a few short months, I've seen how valuable personal equipment can go missing. One of my first instructors once said "you can borrow my knife (which given our community isn't always the case), but you keep you hands off of my spoon man!"

Absolutey love these spoons. Ordered three more today (as i know somehow they will magically disapear. Along with my Roesle peeler, these have been some of the best performing "non knife" gadgets I could ever hope to find in a kitchen. Any more suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy Power View Post
    Absolutey love these spoons.
    Which size do you find most useful? I can't decide what to order...two of each?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny.B.Good View Post
    Which size do you find most useful? I can't decide what to order...two of each?
    I originally got two of each. I can't recall the specific sizes. But I re-ordered three in the larger variety, they where not nearly as big as I thought they'd be and were perfect for saucing a plate. The smaller ones are just like fancy table spoons. I'll still find a use for them, but it's the bigger one's you'll need.

I originally got two of each. I can't recall the specific sizes. But I re-ordered three in the larger variety, they where not nearly as big as I thought they'd be and were perfect for saucing a plate. The smaller ones are just like fancy table spoons. I'll still find a use for them, but it's the bigger one's you'll need.
    Thanks for the tip. I'll get a few of the larger size, and maybe one of the smaller ones just to satisfy my curiosity.

Yeah, the small ones are okay, I mainly use them for cereal at home or staff meal. The bigger Kunz have a pointier bowl so even when doing delicate plating I still prefer the bigger spoon. These are the type of spoon I prefer for tasting. They are longer than the smaller Kunz and have a smaller bowl. And still useful for plating some items.

If you are having trouble deciding, personally I would get 3 large regular spoons and 2 large perforated.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

I agree with Johnychance about tasting spoons but please remember taste sanitize and rinse then dry might become a process.

i use plastic spoons at work taste once and gone and sometimes i feel guilty for the landfill even though we recycle a good 60% and compost etc.Still i consider plastic an enemy of environment .

Kunz large size are useful i have about 2 in my kit , bunch of tweezers and other solid spoons but i do have 2 perforated kunz that i use for plate up both small and large as well.