Quantcast
Gray Kunz Spoons - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gray Kunz Spoons

Quote Originally Posted by Messy Jesse View Post
    Thanks.

I'm just a home cook and don't have near the utility that pro cooks have with these spoons, but I have a Del damascus spoon and one of the knock-offs from CK to Go, and I use them all of the time. Those spoons are some of my favorite kitchen tools. Last night I used them both to make giant quenelles and my new favorite use for my Del spoon is scraping the milk off the cob once the kernels are removed. I used to use the back of a knife and it always made quite a mess, but these larger bowl spoons are great for doing that job.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    I'm just a home cook and don't have near the utility that pro cooks have with these spoons, but I have a Del damascus spoon and one of the knock-offs from CK to Go, and I use them all of the time. Those spoons are some of my favorite kitchen tools. Last night I used them both to make giant quenelles and my new favorite use for my Del spoon is scraping the milk off the cob once the kernels are removed. I used to use the back of a knife and it always made quite a mess, but these larger bowl spoons are great for doing that job.
    k.
    Your Del spoon is bad a$$! Ah yes,one day I hope to have one like it...

Quote Originally Posted by Deckhand View Post
    Your Del spoon is bad a$$!
    Agreed.

I'm still kicking myself for not getting in on that when I had the chance.

I like this as well, its bigger than the kunz sized spoons.
    http://www.amazon.com/The-Louisiana-.../dp/B0041G5RCK

This is one of the entertaining ones in my collection.
    http://ruhlman.com/2011/02/egg-poaching/

Short answer: I use them for just about everything

I just buy vintage spoons because so many have the nuns and they're easily lost

Just out of curiosity, do these spoons have a nice shape for making quinelles? I know with good technique you can make them with almost any spoon, but having that nice deep(but not too wide) shape makes everything come out so perfect, not to mention more quickly and efficiently.

Finding spoons like this is tough, in Europe they seem more prevalent but my collection of spoons is dwindling now that I work in a bigger kitchen. I've looked at buying them straight from Europe but unless I wanted to buy an enormous quantity it seems like shipping costs would make it ridiculous.

I hope someone identifies with what I am saying so I dont sound like a complete idiot.
    "There's more to cooking than opening a can, CAN I SAY THAT CHEF?!"