Quantcast
Whats on the bench. - Page 42
Page 42 of 47 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats on the bench.

Randy, hurry up and show us what's going on with that dynomite knife!!!
    Twitter: @PeterDaEater

The tip on that thing is gorgeous!

Just finalized the Ura and set the tapers on this blade. Now back to the bevel.

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Quote Originally Posted by HHH Knives View Post
    OK, Plans changed on this blade. after all was said and done. I was not happy with how it preformed. SO. Ill be starting this order over, from scratch. Reforging the damascus and re making this blade as a true single bevel!! Im very happy about this. BUT that leaves me with this blade. Its currently a double bevel and doesnt have very much taper in the blade. SO Im gona head out to the shop and do what I call a design modification. Meaning Im gona remove steel here and there until it become a cutting tool.. Then ist gona be AVAILABLE.

More pictures to come..
    How long is the blade Randy?

This one is 270mm tip to heel

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

WHOO HOO!! Its coming along nice on the stones now and finally got it to 3k

Availible Knives

Giddy with anticipation!

Chef. Its gona look almost exactly like the last pictures. BUT its gona be a straight up cutter. where the original grinds made it a wedge monster!!

Availible Knives

I'll take ONE of every knife you have.... LOL

(they're so sexy! I don't think I told you this.... But, I think you really have a way with knives... I simply cannot wait to get mine... Plus, need a paring, 6" chef, or 8" chef. And, even though I love my Harner Nakiri, I really want to try one of yours....

Shout at ya soon...
    Joe_Breezy

Breezyjr... I am in the same boat... the more I use Randy's work... the more I fall in love. I even told him I thought about just setting up a direct deposit into his account the way I am going . The 240 production gyuto is what I find myself going to a LOT. So much that I ordered something else from him... and while that project is still in the works... I picked up the Nakiri.... holy goodness. I am probably so far from doing this thing justice in terms of skill... but it is by far the best knife I own by a long shot!

Not only F&F being pretty much perfect, the handle is nothing short of a masterpiece! The blade... I was dicing up 2 peppers this morning for an omlette, and I barely had to touch them before the blade dropped straight through (I think I need to work on the claw a bit more or a nasty pic may be soon approaching)

At some point I am going to have to get on his list for a 240 if not a 270ish gyuto.

Randy... sounds like there is some love out here for a pairing group buy... just saying
    Have a knife day!