Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats on the bench.

Good morning Choll, Yes there are some pieces that are available, Th ear rings are ready for delivery. The crosses are special order and currently I have a few on order and would be happy to add your name to the list.

The bracelet charms are all available.

feel free to message me or email and we can talk about the possibility's.

Thanks
    Randy

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Heres one I just finished up Its Elmax stainless steel, and has a tapered tang and distal taper to the tip. A touch of file work with stainless steel bolsters and some amazing green mammoth ivory handles!!! This was one of the first 3 blade I showed earlier in this thread.

OK so I know its not a kitchen knife. But I am happy to say I will be offering some Elmax kitchen knives. The steel is amazing!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1472 (800x533).jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	406.4 KB 
ID:	8356   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1474 (800x533).jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	336.8 KB 
ID:	8357  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1483 (800x533).jpg 
Size:	350.3 KB 
ID:	8359   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1479 (800x533).jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	362.0 KB 
ID:	8358  

Name:	IMG_1484 (800x533).jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	335.5 KB 
ID:	8360   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1495 (800x533).jpg 
Size:	358.7 KB 
ID:	8361  

Name:	IMG_1498 (800x533).jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	347.7 KB 
ID:	8362  

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Here is the next batch, 2 smaller blades are meteorite damascus and the 2 larger blades are WWW.com pattern damascus. The 2 HUGE knives are a set for a client in Alaska who will use them to process some of the large animals that they hunt and live off of. Moose and bear and Rams etc.

Man my bench is TOTALLY TRASHED! Its amazing I can find anything!! Ill clean it after the weekend

So all these knives and still no kitchen knives.. Whats up with that?!?!? lol Dont worry, after this batch I have like 8 kitchen knives in a row. So hang with me and soon Ill have some KKF worthy blades to share!

God Bless
    Randy

P.S. Im also gona do a short run of dog tags and cross pendents. So if anyone wants one feel free to message me and get on the list.

Name:	IMG_1452 (800x533).jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	419.8 KB 
ID:	8365   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1451 (800x533).jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	419.2 KB 
ID:	8364  

Name:	IMG_1450 (800x533).jpg 
Size:	467.8 KB 
ID:	8363   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1454 (800x533).jpg 
Size:	340.0 KB 
ID:	8366  

Name:	IMG_1455 (800x533).jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	353.3 KB 
ID:	8367  

Availible Knives

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    Randy the top pics of the mammoth ivory looks like it is starting to crack. Is that on purpose or just the light? Beautiful as always.
    Chewie's the man.

The ivory is 10 to 12000 years old. The color, crazing and pits and texture that is visible is natural and considered very desirable in a piece of bark ivory. The handles are whats called the Bark or the out side layer of a tusk. Small fissures and pits and stuff is natural, and often the cool color and texture and fissures only runs into the tusk a small amount (like 1/8" or less) and then it becomes that creamy white ivory color you would expect to see.. Normally when I work with mammoth ivory bark, I take extra care not to remove all the color and natural distress and texture. There so many variables with natural materials like this. and in this case, The crack as you may call it is part of the ivory's natural beauty!

Thanks for asking and checking out the post!
    Randy

Availible Knives

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    I was thinking that, but was also curious too. Ty for the feed back. I like the bark look on them btw.
    Chewie's the man.

Breaking down and cleaning a bear would not be light work, yikes!

Quote Originally Posted by cookinstuff View Post
    Breaking down and cleaning a bear would not be light work, yikes!
    hehehe, I tell ya, the 2 smaller blades are 9 1/2" long with approx 4" of blade. So you can see these Bear and moose cutting knives are quite a bit LARGER for the task. Like kitchen knives everyone likes r needs different knives in the field. Some like slender blades, spear points if you will. Others like large upsweapt blades. and some straight blade with a good belly., Now,, a "perfect hunting knife" for me at least is a 3 to 3 1/2" drop point blade with full flat grinds. a deep belly. well like the Elmax Skinner I just posted. For what I cut, mainly white tail deer and and the occasional Rabbit.. Its all you would ever need, and not so large that it would be cumbersome. Whatever works best for the job at hand!

Thanks for the comment and checking out the thread and Happy 4th to you all!

Availible Knives

Thanks Randy!

Awesome work as always!

Thanks! Its been a wild couple of weeks, We did take a few days off for the holiday and spent some time fishing and BBQ and visiting with friends and family!! GOOD TIMES. Happy 4th to everyone!

Heres whats been shaping so far this week.

Thanks for checking out the thread.
    God Bless
    Randy

Name:	IMG_1519 (800x533).jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	375.6 KB 
ID:	8527   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1522 (800x533).jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	392.2 KB 
ID:	8528  

Name:	IMG_1515 (800x533).jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	381.5 KB 
ID:	8526   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1565 (800x533).jpg 
Size:	411.4 KB 
ID:	8524  

Name:	IMG_1595 (800x533).jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	305.6 KB 
ID:	8525  

Availible Knives