Quantcast
Whats on the bench. - Page 17
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 45 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats on the bench.

You like that Butch?

Check it out after etch.

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

240mm Stainless Gyuto!!

A few of the first of these AEBL paring knives.

Thoughts, critiques, interested?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Paring knives 032 (800x533).jpg‎
Views:	22
Size:	293.7 KB
ID:	13134   Click image for larger version

Name:	Paring knives 031 (800x533).jpg‎
Views:	16
Size:	335.8 KB
ID:	13133  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Paring knives 042 (800x533).jpg‎
Views:	16
Size:	263.7 KB
ID:	13135  

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

240mm Stainless Gyuto!!

They all look like great knives to me, but for a paring knife where 95% of the work is done in hand; the name of the game to me is getting the blade as close to the handle as possible, while the craftsmanship is top notch these wouldn't work for what I'd be looking for in a paring knife. Hopefully others feel very differently cause they do look cool though and id love to see some reviews, maybe I'm way off base?

Thanks, for the honest critique. Ill take a few in hand photos of these for you guys.

From my perspective, The handle virtually disappears into your hand and your thumb and index fingers are out in front allowing for good control and ease of use. But I may be WAY off base here?

I would like to send one to a couple people to test out and get a review or two. not sure how to do hat. But will think about it more and make it happen.

240mm Stainless Gyuto!!

Not sure about a paring knife, but I like the general profile of it as a pocket knife.

Im a wharncliffe/sheep foot type a guy and the one on the left and the two on the right look good to me. That buckeye especially.

The carter I use everyday has been with me quite a while. Maybe its time I got something else...

Sam

I think they look very interesting and a bit different and you could be onto a winner. I have a Global parer that I used for a long time that had something similar to the finger notch, and it is incredibly comfortable in-hand. Here's a pic of it

Sam, We can make that happen. These are ground UBER thin. Shoot me a message and lets work out the details and see what we can come up with.

240mm Stainless Gyuto!!

Quote Originally Posted by stevenStefano View Post
    I think they look very interesting and a bit different and you could be onto a winner. I have a Global parer that I used for a long time that had something similar to the finger notch, and it is incredibly comfortable in-hand. Here's a pic of it

Thanks Steve. That does have similar characteristics..

I love this forum, You guys all rock! Its so nice to get feedback, help, ideas and info from all of ya. Thank you all so much!

240mm Stainless Gyuto!!

I was just working out my design for a custom edc and these actually dont look that different from my sketches. After using a small knife with a forward finger choil, i dont think that i could ever go back.
    These look like you really put some thought into them and knocked the design out of the park.

This looks like the combo of design and steel that might finally make me hang up my shun classic paring knife (aka the best knife that shun makes).

I would really, really like to get one of these into my big hands. Is the one far left spoken for yet?
    "I gotta tell ya, this is pretty terrific. Ha hahaha, YEAH!" - Moe (w/ 2 knives). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVt4U...layer_embedded

Justin, Thanks man. To my surprise.all 6 are spoken for.

If you want, Lets make a plan and I'ill put your name on one from the next batch. feel free to email or message me.

God Bless
    Randy

240mm Stainless Gyuto!!

+ Reply to Thread