Suisin Shironiko Yanagiba?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmfreeman35

Reaction score
I'm looking to pick up a yanagi next week. This will be my first yanagi (as well as first single bevel) so I think I would be a good idea to start with a cheapish one, and the suisin shironiko line has caught my eye...anyone have any experience with one?

I've got a tako that I bought on impulse, and actually don't use it much (have other yangi's). It is a very nice offering for that price bracket: knife came straight, bevel almost flat, very nice fit & finish.

You will be happy with it, my guess.

If you want a good inexpensive single-bevel, check out the Yoshihiro shironi line from Jon. I have a knife from this line that is good for the price. I also have a Suisin shironi knife, at the old pricing I felt that was one of the best bargains in single-bevel knives. If you can get the Suisin at the old pricing, I have seen some around, you shouldn't be disappointed. I think that they are still worth it at the current pricing.

Yah the yoshihrio is the other one I am considering as I've heard nothing but great things about it

I still see the suisin listed at its old price at CKTG so thats why im considering it...they also have it in stock as opposed to it being a special order from Jon

I almost grabbed one of those from CKTG when pricing went up, his next shipment of those should be at the higher price. The wait time from Suisin isn't bad, though, it was only like a month or so for my special order through Jon.

Back