Quantcast
Vintage Knives
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vintage Knives

Vintage Knives

We see vintage knives discussed, praised, reworked, sold etc. But we never see any vintage Japanese knives discussed, praised, reworked, sold, etc. Why is that?

-AJ

To be honest, I think they are just harder to find. Especially, since most people hear are in NA.

Cuz this is Uhmerca.

No really, we didn't used to have to leave the hemisphere to get a good cutting tool, so people bought Western.

Here is some things found at the flea market in Japan and a little about it.

the flea market Setagaya Boro-ichi (Setagaya Boro-ichi). Especially since this event is held twice a year for the first time - in December 15 th and 16 th, and the second time in January 15 th and 16 th. And the scale of the event is not any comparison with European counterparts. Flea Market in Japanese - is a whole area with a lot of streets are literally studded with all kinds of antique utensils, gastronomic delights and other attributes of this fair. According to statistics, the number of visitors per day ranges from 200,000 to 300,000 people. The history of this market is going to far in 1578, when Lord Udzhimasa Hojo (Ujimasa Hojo) established the first free market "cancer-ichi" in the area of ​​Setagaya.

Of course, there is no such abundance of knife shops in the area of ​​Kappa-bashi, or in the Tsukiji fish market in Tokyo, but for the true nozhemana this place can be a real godsend. It is only here for the collapse of the old with some dolls you can find rare or antique Sheffield Nat Japanese knives. For fans of Japanese sharpening stones as it is generally a paradise on earth in all its manifestations

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    A clever cook can make good meat of a whetstone.” Erasmus

KKF FIELD TRIP!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

site= http://knife-life.jp/story/nozhi-na-...ynke-v-yaponii

Just to add Kazan blade show 2010 from the same site sorry don't know the maker.
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.

Over the years some of the reasoning that has surfaced about the general rareity of vintage Japanese kitchen knives, WW2 scrap drives. Japan was strapped for resources and anything that could be spared was melted down.

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    Yes steeley, KKF field trip! Let me get a 2nd mortgage and see if my mom will fill out my permission slip. I'll bring the pb&j sandwiches in brown paper bags.
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon