Quantcast
Favorite 1K Stone - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: Favorite 1K Stone

  1. #11
    Senior Member NO ChoP!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Clayton, NC- surrounded by lots of trees
    Posts
    2,082
    Surprised to see all the King love....
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

  2. #12

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Rockport, TX
    Posts
    4,892
    I probably shouldn't say this, because I don't want to get backed into another shoe-throwing-contest(please don't).

    But my favorite 1k stone I've ever used is the ******** 1k. I've not used the JNS 1k, but if it's similar yet better than the ******** as some claim, it's got to be a damn fine stone. I was surprised by that one.

    Don't have one, though--I can't justify getting a good 1k with what I do. I use a Shapton Pro 1k, because it works, and it's hard. The Bester 1200 has that sweet feel, but I like em hard and fast.

  3. #13
    Senior Member/ Internet Hooligan
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,090
    Quote Originally Posted by BurkeCutlery View Post
    But my favorite 1k stone I've ever used is the ******** 1k. I've not used the JNS 1k, but if it's similar yet better than the ******** as some claim, it's got to be a damn fine stone.
    Huh. I'd be skeptical about that coming from most anyone but you, given how little else I've heard. That's interesting. I wonder where he's sourcing.

  4. #14

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    314
    Quote Originally Posted by NO ChoP! View Post
    Surprised to see all the King love....
    I really like my King 1k. Cheap, feels good, cuts well. Looks like I'm going to have check out the Bester 1200 though.

  5. #15

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Rockport, TX
    Posts
    4,892
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    Huh. I'd be skeptical about that coming from most anyone but you, given how little else I've heard. That's interesting. I wonder where he's sourcing.
    I wonder why I haven't heard more about it. I know they are around.

  6. #16
    Senior Member richinva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by BurkeCutlery View Post
    I probably shouldn't say this, because I don't want to get backed into another shoe-throwing-contest(please don't).

    But my favorite 1k stone I've ever used is the ******** 1k. I've not used the JNS 1k, but if it's similar yet better than the ******** as some claim, it's got to be a damn fine stone. I was surprised by that one.

    Don't have one, though--I can't justify getting a good 1k with what I do. I use a Shapton Pro 1k, because it works, and it's hard. The Bester 1200 has that sweet feel, but I like em hard and fast.
    I can't read this. Did you insert all the asterisks or did you get censored? Curious as to what you're talking about.

  7. #17

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Top of Georgia
    Posts
    1,218
    Ditto what Richinva said.

    -AJ

  8. #18
    Senior Member/ Internet Hooligan
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,090
    He's talking about the ******* 1k stone over at CKTG.
    Last edited by Dave Martell; 06-08-2012 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Fixed censor bypass

  9. #19
    Senior Member richinva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    He's talking about the ******** 1k stone over at CKTG.
    Thank you.
    Last edited by Dave Martell; 06-08-2012 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Fixed censor bypass

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,239
    I use 1k JNS on knives, like it the best of the bunch I have tried

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts