Quantcast
Favorite 1K Stone - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite 1K Stone

Surprised to see all the King love....
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

I probably shouldn't say this, because I don't want to get backed into another shoe-throwing-contest(please don't).

But my favorite 1k stone I've ever used is the ******** 1k. I've not used the JNS 1k, but if it's similar yet better than the ******** as some claim, it's got to be a damn fine stone. I was surprised by that one.

Don't have one, though--I can't justify getting a good 1k with what I do. I use a Shapton Pro 1k, because it works, and it's hard. The Bester 1200 has that sweet feel, but I like em hard and fast.

Senior Member/ Internet Hooligan
    Quote Originally Posted by BurkeCutlery View Post
    But my favorite 1k stone I've ever used is the ******** 1k. I've not used the JNS 1k, but if it's similar yet better than the ******** as some claim, it's got to be a damn fine stone.
    Huh. I'd be skeptical about that coming from most anyone but you, given how little else I've heard. That's interesting. I wonder where he's sourcing.

Quote Originally Posted by NO ChoP! View Post
    Surprised to see all the King love....
    I really like my King 1k. Cheap, feels good, cuts well. Looks like I'm going to have check out the Bester 1200 though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    Huh. I'd be skeptical about that coming from most anyone but you, given how little else I've heard. That's interesting. I wonder where he's sourcing.
    I wonder why I haven't heard more about it. I know they are around.

Quote Originally Posted by BurkeCutlery View Post
    I probably shouldn't say this, because I don't want to get backed into another shoe-throwing-contest(please don't).

But my favorite 1k stone I've ever used is the ******** 1k. I've not used the JNS 1k, but if it's similar yet better than the ******** as some claim, it's got to be a damn fine stone. I was surprised by that one.

Don't have one, though--I can't justify getting a good 1k with what I do. I use a Shapton Pro 1k, because it works, and it's hard. The Bester 1200 has that sweet feel, but I like em hard and fast.
    I can't read this. Did you insert all the asterisks or did you get censored? Curious as to what you're talking about.

Ditto what Richinva said.

-AJ

Senior Member/ Internet Hooligan
    He's talking about the ******* 1k stone over at CKTG.
    Last edited by Dave Martell; 06-08-2012 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Fixed censor bypass

Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    He's talking about the ******** 1k stone over at CKTG.
    Thank you.
    Last edited by Dave Martell; 06-08-2012 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Fixed censor bypass

I use 1k JNS on knives, like it the best of the bunch I have tried

+ Reply to Thread