Japanese Knives Which handle?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which handle should i put on?

• Ho Wood Octagon

• Iichi Octagon

Results are only viewable after voting.

JBroida

KKF Vendor
Founding Member
Reaction score
So, i had a zakuri 270mm aogami super sujihiki recently with a handle that had a crack in it. I'm going to replace the handle and the two types i have on hand are iichi and ho wood octagonal ones. Which one do you guys think i should use?

460146_10150891916978860_384008536_o.jpg

The colors may be a little off, butt the lower one in the picture has my vote!

the colors are indeed a bit off... it was a quick shot.

Its funny... on here, the votes are mostly for the iichi (bottom one), but on facebook its the opposite.

to clarify for some: Ho on top (lighter), Ichi on bottom

Lower one gets my choice. The upper one looks quite pale in comparison.

Iichi for me also - btw, what is iichi?

Stefan

Both are kind of icky to me but that is because Marko, Mike, Stefan, Randy, Pierre, Devin, Bob and Mario have spoiled us all so much.

iichi if ironwood, koa, redwood, buckeye, maple, ivory and amboyna aren't choices.

If you cover up the bottom one you get a different look of the top one. Same if you cover the top. I like the top one myself. It is just something different.

How can a Ho wood handle be different?

Sounds better to do the iichi ban. Play on Japanese words.:D

The battleship grey handle in the first pic appears to be O.S.H.A. approved... :running:

wow... ho wood got crushed in this contest... ichii it is i guess. I'll pop on a handle some time this weekend.

Latest posts

Back