Quantcast
Stone Sales Return to JKS :)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stone Sales Return to JKS :)

Stone Sales Return to JKS :)

Many of you recall us selling sharpening stones for a few years but that we've backed off on this in recent times. Competition had a lot to do with this as well as the time demand placed on myself that conflicted with the learning how to make knives proficiently. We made a choice to hold off on stone sales while the knifemaking ramped up however we've found that getting back into the sales business still conflicts with the time requirements of knifemaking. This being the case we've looked for alternative ideas on how to sell product while not investing the time and resources that we have in the past. Just recently we've found a solution that we believe will have a great impact on helping us get us back into the sharpening stone sales business.

Starting very soon we'll have a JapaneseKnifeSharpeningStore.com warehouse based on the west coast that will drop ship our products for us. This will remove us here from the time consuming task of stocking, packaging, and shipping and at the same time we'll be able to expand our offerings way beyond what we've been able to bring to the market in the past. This step is huge for us and something that we've been waiting on for a long time. We look forward to working with many of you again in getting you set up with your sharpening needs. Please keep an eye out for more details coming soon.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Martell; 06-08-2012 at 07:53 PM.

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    Cool looking forward to it.

Senior Member/ Internet Hooligan
    With the exception of your confusing use of the "we" pronoun, this is pretty damn awesome!!

Nice, a fulfillment center! Just what you need.

I always liked that you offer the stones you actually use and prefer, it allows for a certain peace of mind, like buying a knife from JKI.

Perfect timing!

Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    With the exception of your confusing use of the "we" pronoun, this is pretty damn awesome!!
    He is refering to the R of D and R sharpening.

This is great news Dave!! We all need new stones.
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

This makes me very happy indeed

Quote Originally Posted by BurkeCutlery View Post
    Nice, a fulfillment center! Just what you need.
    "Fulfillment Center" .....I like the sound of that.

Quote Originally Posted by BurkeCutlery View Post
    I always liked that you offer the stones you actually use and prefer, it allows for a certain peace of mind, like buying a knife from JKI.
    I'm taking a slight departure from the way I've always done things in that regard. My thoughts are that I've been too hung up on selling only what are my favorites to the exclusion of some other very good stones that may be someone else's favorites. I'm now looking at selling stones that I know don't suck and have some value to someone, I'll include my take on them and people can make up their own minds. There will still be plenty of sucky stones that I won't sell though. LOL

Dave, great news! Best wishes on the new venture! With the exception of the King stones I bought from Carter when I first started on this damned adventure, all my stones, strops, and compounds I've bought from you because I trust your advice. Looking forward to more of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    I think Dave was using the majestic plural.

+ Reply to Thread