Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stone Sales Return to JKS :)

Currently I'm changing around and adding to our store plus introducing some new features (like compare buttons, etc) and once I work out the bugs I'll announce it and go live. Shouldn't be too long.

Is it done yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    With the exception of your confusing use of the "we" pronoun, this is pretty damn awesome!!

I try to include my wife, friends, and business colleagues when I can while speaking about decisions that we made together. Plus don't I sound more legit by using "we" vs "I", this is almost better than buying Facebook friends...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by markenki View Post
    Dave, great news! Best wishes on the new venture! With the exception of the King stones I bought from Carter when I first started on this damned adventure, all my stones, strops, and compounds I've bought from you because I trust your advice. Looking forward to more of it!
    That's great, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by markenki View Post
    Is it done yet?
    Ugh!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    "Fulfillment Center" .....I like the sound of that.

I'm taking a slight departure from the way I've always done things in that regard. My thoughts are that I've been too hung up on selling only what are my favorites to the exclusion of some other very good stones that may be someone else's favorites. I'm now looking at selling stones that I know don't suck and have some value to someone, I'll include my take on them and people can make up their own minds. There will still be plenty of sucky stones that I won't sell though. LOL
    You should have a kind of approval seal or favorite stamp or preferred logo on the pages showing which stones you prefer or even a section for your top favorites or something.
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

Woowoo! This is good news for everyone all-around
    Len

Quote Originally Posted by ThEoRy View Post
    You should have a kind of approval seal or favorite stamp or preferred logo on the pages showing which stones you prefer or even a section for your top favorites or something.

Great idea!

Can maybe a few of you, especially those browsing on mobile devices, have a look at my store and poke around a bit to see how it works/looks? Maybe try the compare feature too?

http://www.japaneseknifesharpeningstore.com/

Many descriptions aren't yet filled in, prices are a bit off, and there's still some products not showing but it's the overall look and functionality that I'm curious about.

Thanks!
    Dave

Browser-------

Is it possible to put a box/border around the product image with the compare button? It's a little cramped and not obvious if the compare button is the one above or below the picture.

Since you are...well...you...you should add a brief description of your take on the stones, like "hard, cuts fast, long soak time required" kind of thing so it shows in the compare box, so when making decisions we can get your take on it, and not just customer reviews.

When you click "add to cart" when comparing, the popup shows up UNDER the compare window, so you can't see it. I added 6 stones to my cart because I thought it was being unresponsive.

Also, when you click "add to cart" on an item that is not in stock, it takes you to that item's page and notifies you it is not in stock. Perhaps you could remove that button? OR just add a line about In stock/Not in stock?

You need a "clear selections" button--it's hard to remember where on the page that little check box that I ticked was. The idea behind a compare tab is that I don't have to keep up with where the item is anymore. Also, if I compare 3 stones, then start comparing knives, it tells me I can't select knives because I already selected 3 stones.

Mobile------
    (Android 2.2.1 Samsung Galaxy S 4G)

A logo on the page would help. It looks a bit like a parked domain without a logo header.

I cannot find the "compare" button on my mobile browser

It loads fast, finding product pictures is intuitive.

The product descriptions are clean and easy to read. I could browse on here for a while.

I like how easy it is to get to the real site.

If you could have a mobile cart instead of just redirecting to the site, that'd be a minor plus. But not a huge issue, since every phone runs regular browsers anyways.

Some of that I can fix and other things are out of my control but thanks for the great info Eamon, I'll use what I can for sure.