Thread: Prehistoric goodies!!!

Prehistoric goodies!!!

These both happened to enter my shop this week! Im pretty jazzed up about them.

The smaller one is right out of the permafrost and the most prestine mammoth tooth I have ever had. Its gona make some INSANE knife handles!!!

The second is a mammoth tooth in the jaw bone!! Its amazing!! This one was given to me to take knife pictures etc.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0306 (800x533).jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	300.9 KB 
ID:	7733   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0307 (800x533).jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	311.0 KB 
ID:	7734  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0308 (800x533).jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	302.8 KB 
ID:	7735   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9933 (800x533).jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	276.6 KB 
ID:	7736  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9937 (800x533).jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	289.2 KB 
ID:	7737   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9939 (800x533).jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	319.0 KB 
ID:	7738  

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Crothcipt View Post
    I think that says it all! Way cool!

I am trying not to be envious, but it's hard Just curious, how do you cut the tooth, and will you have it stabilized? Charles Turnage always claims his material is professinally stabilized, but I was never sure what that really means.

Stefan

Definitely amazing. The jaw bone tooth is a definite lifetime keeper. Impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Deckhand View Post
    Definitely amazing. The jaw bone tooth is a definite lifetime keeper. Impressive.
    4sure!! I agree its a KEEPER!!!

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Quote Originally Posted by apicius9 View Post
    I am trying not to be envious, but it's hard Just curious, how do you cut the tooth, and will you have it stabilized? Charles Turnage always claims his material is professinally stabilized, but I was never sure what that really means.

Stefan

Stephan, We have been doing our own stabilization. STABILIZED MAMMOTH TOOTH

I dont know how or where Charles does his stabilization. I believe he may be the pro doing it

Availible Knives

Mammoth tooh and jaw

This was quite the find-- I was at a flea market and saw this a few months ago. Originally I was going to get it to cut the tooth up-- but after Randy and I started on this journey of teeth, I decided that this needed to be loaned to him so we could use it for the photos and such . It is such an awesome piece I couldnt bear to cut it up.
    It just fit with what we are doing so very well and will for sure make a great background for some of the awesome work that the Randy's put out.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglewood View Post
    This was quite the find-- I was at a flea market and saw this a few months ago. Originally I was going to get it to cut the tooth up-- but after Randy and I started on this journey of teeth, I decided that this needed to be loaned to him so we could use it for the photos and such . It is such an awesome piece I couldnt bear to cut it up.
    It just fit with what we are doing so very well and will for sure make a great background for some of the awesome work that the Randy's put out.
    What a tremendous piece!

Great choice on not taking it to a saw.

Perhaps even a custom display case for it someday...