Media Lost Fish Handle?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like it could be a fish to me. New purchase? Either way its a great looking cleaver

Looks like it to me. Where'd you find this? You have this cleaver?

Pretty sure we know who made the board, too, judging by how the grain is arranged.

The handle was made by Andy777. My understanding is that Fish developed this style of handle, with input from Andy. After Fish passed away, Andy kept refining the design. Occasionally Andy would post the latest handle he had completed. The colors would not be my first choice, but somehow he always made them work, and work well.

Often Andy has commented more then once, that a person should find the knife with profile, grind, that fits their style, and then get that knife re-handled. The performance of a knife can actually be improved by a better handle. I was dubious about that claim. The looks of a knife can be upgraded, but its performance?

This handle proves Andy's claim. The cleaver is so much more comfortable, then with the stock handle. In addition to the handle, Andy ground a graceful curve into the choil and rounded the choil, as well as the spine.

I am looking forward to using this cleaver and seeing how it will effect the prep, for the next family party.

Jay

It makes sense that he (fish) would say that. I never met or heard of him until a few mo. ago. But, with his eye for color and attention to detail I'm sure he did make it better performer because of the fit to the hand.

I'm glad you like it Jay. I'll see if I can get a WIP post up in the next few weeks.

Andy

:punish::beatinghead::slaphead: Wow I reread what I wrote, and I apologise to Andy777 for the reference. You said that and not Fish.

No appologies needed, Fish was and is a true master.

Back