Page 17 of 65 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: J-Nat Club

Quote Originally Posted by Andrey V View Post
    Exaclty what i mean- same experience with my Blue Aoto from Maksim. Very hard, no mud, slow, but: some nagura helps a lot! AND: with the nagura it becomes totally different in comparisson to my " normal" Aoto. So to say: this Blue Aoto can be used up to me as a finer stone then the soft muddy Aoto.
    Reg diamond plate: i preffer not to use it on fine expensive stones as nagura, but here it really helps a lot. Botan works great on it. The stone needs some " kick". The stone is consistant, hard, has a very uniform body, is also heavier in comparisson to same size " normal" Aoto ( wich means is harder and finer). And considering it's price+ Maksim's service it's a gift!! Use this possibility! Recommended !
    What is a good finisher for under 300

Here is a new Nakayama I got
    Name:  nak.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  10.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by jklip13 View Post
    Here is a new Nakayama I got
    Beauty! A koppa? Where'd you order from?

Quote Originally Posted by CoqaVin View Post
    How about a Takashima - from JNS or aFrames, etc. However, there are lots of awasedo (finishers) for under 300; they are generally the tomae layer, but there are also some suita too. As usual, you're never quite sure how they'll be until you try them.

A friend sold it to me along with a maruka

Oh, the Nakayama is nice! I've just got one, i love it. Is a bit hard, but rather quick and it looks awsome!
    Congratulations, jklip13!

my finishers

I have recently come to learn about Jnats, here are the few finishers I have managed to collect so far. L to R: Ohira, Ozuku, Nakayama

man I hate to see that Maruka go
    -Jon

Quote Originally Posted by CoqaVin View Post
    The good solution would be ( if you look at JNS Maksim's offer) :
    - an Okunomon Lv 3 - very affordable price and a good stone as well - hurry or i do it
    - or Oohira Tomae Lv 4 - a rather hard one, but take a set-of-3-Naguras ( i would advise a Tomo Nagura as well) - and you have a pretty cool hard" finishing board" with slurry generators, that will allow you to change the gritness of the stone using different Naguras, and to finish with it's own slurry ( will be rather hard to get ir, but..) - if you need the semi-polished edge. The Kasumi or Mirror is anyhow better to see on single bevelled knives rather then on double bevelled. On western knives you polish the cutting edge. Oohira ggives you this. Or just stop on Toma Nagura. That will be a pretti cool set( Oohira+Naguras)
    - a Takashima ( + Naguras)
    - an Atagoyama - this is more expensive, but looks to a very nice finisher. And the size........ This is a real BRICK!!
    So, you have enough to choose from
    -

Quote Originally Posted by simar View Post
    I have recently come to learn about Jnats, here are the few finishers I have managed to collect so far. L to R: Ohira, Ozuku, Nakayama
    I saw that Nakayama on the website and I was ready to buy it... then I realized it was sold!

I've been trying to get my hands on a nice nakayama kiita but no luck yet. Much of what's out there is hard and not ideal for knives...

hi to everybody here
    what could you tell me reg this stone?