Page 18 of 59 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: J-Nat Club

I've got it under the name Gobyoyama Tomae Ikimurasaki - is pretty nice, is tretty hard, but cuts VERRRY good,creating a nice sticky slurry, harder then Suitas, finer as well ( i feel it like 10000+ ), leaves very nice finish, is great even after Suitas to get the perfect edge. very heavy for it's size ( ok, Tomae, very consistant and it confirms again it's fine structure)
    I 've never heard this name before, the only traces i have found were on some blogs in Japan saying in eng that it is a rare stone , very fine, similar to a very good Nakayama Kiita. Whatever- the result is great, i like it already, let it be the part of my "Tennen Toishi House"
    Later i will show the photos while and after the sharpening

that's it

looks cool andrey

Can't see your picture, Andrey

right click and copy the image url then paste it in a new browser window

Quote Originally Posted by CoqaVin View Post
    Cheers!

Andrey - This one looks like it's from Totoriya, no?

i would post a picture from that link but I do not understand Russian

Quote Originally Posted by CoqaVin View Post
    It does not work with my images! That' s why i have tried to insert it over fttp server. It works only with images posted on other sites( i have copied one from there) and that makes me crazy . ( believe me, i know, what's the right click- on my pc i see only " copy image" and no " copy url" . I will find the solution, the images from the last stones are just awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Asteger View Post
    Cheers!

Andrey - This one looks like it's from Totoriya, no?
    No, it is not. But the stone is pretty cool. And it's a fine finisher, i must say! It works great on softer (58-59 Rockwell) stainless steels, and very good on my favorite high- carbons. I wanted to use it after Suitas, as an ultimate final finisher, and it works! Very heavy, very consistent, a piece-of-solid-rock, quite expensive as well.

Quote Originally Posted by vinster View Post
    I saw that Nakayama on the website and I was ready to buy it... then I realized it was sold!

I've been trying to get my hands on a nice nakayama kiita but no luck yet. Much of what's out there is hard and not ideal for knives...
    I use a very good Nakayama Nashiji Kiita- i love it! Yeh, it's a bit hard, but it cuts! It's quick, fine, gives a very smooth feeling. And it looks so cool... It gives the thick dark grey to black slurry, even without nagura. Leaves a finish .... I love it! Even more then my very fine Okudo Suita!! Often seems to be too hard for knives but great for razors, but can be good for knives as well! Maksim has a great one Nakayama Kiita right now, i 've checked it yesterday. Later i'll post an image of mine while sharpening ( dry/wet/ slurry/finish)