Quantcast
J-Nat Club - Page 24
Page 24 of 49 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: J-Nat Club

Quote Originally Posted by icanhaschzbrgr View Post
    Very nice finish on this Hiromoto Andrey!
    now, after some more days and hours of fine precise work it has become much better!

My new great Nakayama
    i've got a very fine Ohira Shiro Renge Suita ( white Suita with beautiful reddish/purple pattern on it)- is pretty quick
    a new Takashima from Maksim ,

and a good Ohira Uchigomori - i will round up one side to polish the sides of the knifes, besides the fingerstones.

a coppa from Ohira - Uchigomori to break down for fingerstones, which i love to use a lot for ultimate finish

My new very uncommon looking Nakayama Suita- i could not resist, the color is so nice- it's very homogen despite it's pattern, no toxic lines or dots to damage the blade or even to feel them while sharpening. It's so nice while wet.. really nice- and very quick as well- though it works MUCH better on high-carbons then on stainless steel- the best result is on Shirogami 1 - the worthest on VG10 !

and some of my "raw material" Ohira Uchigumori with Yoshinogami paper ( the used one, but it's ok

and some new Tomonaguras, like this one very beautiful Okudo - i can use it to sharpen the Kuri Koganata, for example
    So , if i 'll continue to "burn' the money in that way, the time for a small Tennen Toishi House will come soon!

Oh boy, someone's been busy. Very nice!

Andrey, I've actually received some Yoshino-gami with 2 stones I bought, but do you know anything more about it? Is there a use? I thought it was just decorative and threw it out. Also, how do you plan to round up the one side of the bigger uchigumori? Oh, and very nice Nakayama - the crazy one.

Hi, Asteger,
    Yehh, the stones are great, i tell you, the white Ohira Renge Suita is great as well , and super fast, i tell you! Though my love to Nakayamas never ends....
    The Yoshino gami paper is used to reinforce the fingerstones, to glue it on and polish them down to get the very thin fingerstone to polish the blade. I use them often ( you can see it above)- nice, isn't it? I mean the Hiromoto.
    I will round it using a diamond plate and the coarser stones( also some artificial stones in 280-1500 grit), i'd like to form a shape i will use to pre-finish the sides of the knives. Before my fingerstones. The dust will be used as a stone powder ( in combination with some other finer stones) - we will see!
    Which Nakayama you like more- the killer from above or the smaller bizarre looking one? Both perform great. Typically Nakayama. I have sone other ad well, they all are a little bit different, but always great. One performs better on stainless steels, the other on carbons, being very slow on ss etc- the nature as it is... Amazing..

And finally : i've got a new Big Tsushima Nagura - nice as well, a very good prefinisher, could be used ā la place d'Aoto . I use it also for smoothing the surface after lapping on finishers. This was Maksim's Thushima! A very good one!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrey V View Post
    The Yoshino gami paper is used to reinforce the fingerstones, to glue it on and polish them down to get the very thin fingerstone to polish the blade. I use them often
    Ah yes, of course. Should have realized. Yes, yoshinogami can look quite good. (By the way, 'gami' already means 'paper' so no need to call it yoshinogami paper. Maybe just yoshino paper or yoshinogami are okay.)

I will round it using a diamond plate and the coarser stones( also some artificial stones in 280-1500 grit), i'd like to form a shape i will use to pre-finish the sides of the knives. Before my fingerstones. The dust will be used as a stone powder ( in combination with some other finer stones) - we will see!..
    Try and post photos of the process and/or result. I don't think many people know about this.

And finally : i've got a new Big Tsushima Nagura - nice as well, a very good prefinisher, could be used ā la place d'Aoto . I use it also for smoothing the surface after lapping on finishers. This was Maksim's Thushima! A very good one!
    I'm not sure if you know, but Tsushima were mined in 2 places, on land from a mountain and underwater off the coast of Tsushima, which is an island between Japan and Korea. Sometimes sellers specify Tsushima stones as 'mountain' or 'sea' and the sea ones are reputed to be best. Do you know the origin of this one?

No, i don't. Better to ask Maksim.
    I have heard this before, but not sure where is it from.. Will try to find it out
    Reg " Gami"- Shirogami, Aogami, Yoshinigami- yes, i know. Same like blue Aoto
    Just told it and that's all, shouldn't be critical, the other info is more important, isn't it?

Reg " Gami"- Shirogami, Aogami, Yoshinigami- yes, i know. Same like blue Aoto Just told it and that's all, shouldn't be critical, the other info is more important, isn't it?
    Absolutely not. This is crucial!