Quantcast
J-Nat Club - Page 35
Page 35 of 49 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: J-Nat Club

Quote Originally Posted by vinster View Post
    Andrey - was that the shobu from aframes? I had my eye on that one but you snatched it up. I have a similar looking shobu that I also like very much.,
    Wer zu spaet kommt, den bestraft das Leben
    I was quicker, sorry
    Just to make you envy - the stone is really OUTSTANDING! So, Vinster, if you see the similar one somewhere- just grab it , don't wait untill i do it!! Good look!

My three crows (karasu)
    I bought a couple of little brothers from Japan in addition to the wonderful karasu I had shown earlier.

Big Brother is 236mm × 86mm × 42mm (mine unknown) (shown earlier on this thread)
    Little Brother is 225mm×80mm x 40mm (Takashima Myokakudani 高島妙覚谷)
    Littlest Brother is 203mm X 78mm x 22mm (mine unknown)

Quote Originally Posted by tchan001 View Post
    My three crows (karasu)
    I bought a couple of little brothers from Japan in addition to the wonderful karasu I had shown earlier.

Big Brother is 236mm × 86mm × 42mm (mine unknown) (shown earlier on this thread)
    Little Brother is 225mm×80mm x 40mm (Takashima Myokakudani 高島妙覚谷)
    Littlest Brother is 203mm X 78mm x 22mm (mine unknown)
    Very nice crows!
    Should be pretty hard as all Karasu stones- but the biggest is really nice! If they don't scratch the blade- you can mirror- polish the knives. The Big and the Medium seem to be fine-grit gard Karasu, the small seems to be the hardest- but sometimes the way they look differs from what they are.. Congrats!!

Quote Originally Posted by vinster View Post
    Andrey - was that the shobu from aframes? I had my eye on that one but you snatched it up. I have a similar looking shobu that I also like very much.,
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrey V View Post
    Wer zu spaet kommt, den bestraft das Leben I was quicker, sorry Just to make you envy - the stone is really OUTSTANDING! So, Vinster, if you see the similar one somewhere- just grab it , don't wait untill i do it!! Good look!
    Vinh, not sure if we talked about this one or not, but I'd noticed it myself.

Someone has to stop the Russian. He gets everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Asteger View Post
    Vinh, not sure if we talked about this one or not, but I'd noticed it myself.

Someone has to stop the Russian. He gets everything!
    I heard it already somewhere...
    Yeh, it's strange, but Canadians say it often - why??
    Name:  ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1403763657.241311.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  54.9 KBName:  ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1403763671.684302.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  40.5 KB
    Meanwhile i've got a VERY VERY nice Mikawa Shiro Nagura in a big size in a great quality and a nice piece of great Koma- so , Asteger, you have the reason to continue !
    If you plus 2 latest Kato ( Rare Damascus and Kikuryu)- the picture will be complete

The Mikawa looks nice - Aframes, obviously! But wait, you already have at least 2.

And me buy 2 more Kato? Good heavens! Sorry, Andrey, I can't keep up. Instead, I will have to find an evil plan to slow you down!

Oh and, tchan, nice looking karasu. Wow, you like your karasu

And me buy 2 more Kato? Good heavens! Sorry, Andrey, I can't keep up. Instead, I will have to find an evil plan to slow you down!
    Don't you remember that Andrey is building a house out of jnats? Because it's handy when you can use any part of wall or floor for sharpening. And when you feel too lazy to sharpen, just buy new Kato or Shige

A house? I thought it would be a Petersburg palace!

A house? I thought it would be a Petersburg palace!
    Saint-Petersburg is more Europe oriented so he would need to build house out of Belgium Coticule if he were to live here. And in Moscow they don't care much about style, so you could build a house out of anything… be it jnats or gold, or diamonds/

Oh boys...
    1. Talking about no taste- should i comment it??? Just look at the greatest artists, ballet, composers, writers etc..
    2. Reg Tennen Toishi House-
    - yeh, and the bigger bricks are always better
    - i'm in touch with Maurice reg Coticule and all his other stuff. Almost done .
    3. Yesss- Takeshi from Aframes. But: this is the other stone, much finer then Chu- so, it has sense to have it. Not delivered yet, that's why i used his photos.
    As i told already before- IMHO different stones work in a different way on different steels- the progression is even more complicated. I have over 50 high- end knives, so i need equal stone progression options. And you guys are free to do or not to do the same! To understand the difference- you have to test a lot, so why not to do it?? 😎😎😎😜👍