Page 13 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: J-Nat Club

Quote Originally Posted by maxim View Post
    sample display
    Nice idea and would be great fun to try some of them. Too bad that Aarhus is, well, nowhere near where I live.

I can't make out all the kanji, and would take me a while to figure them out anyway, but looks like a fantastic assortment.

I recently became member of the J-nat club. Just one stone, but I already love it.

A Oohiro Tomae Lv3,5 from Maxim. I tried it only once for sharpening my Hiromoto Gyuto. The progression was 1000K grit, 3000k grit and the Jnat - 1st without nagura and then with -. I am not an expert on sharpening but i was always able to get my knives sharp, however this time it was even sharper than before.

I also loved the feeling of the stone, it is very responsive and gives me a great feedback - much better than the naniwa snowwhite -. This stone seems to be a great finisher for my Hiro, I dont know how the other knives will match with it but I am sure I will be getting some very good results.

Thanks Maxim

Pics to follow.

Post photos if you'd like. Always fun to see more naturals.

I really have troubles posting pics in this forum ... but will try.

Ohira Suita

Here's an Ohira family picture:

Mostly on the softer side, though some are a little harder. Some are faster than others. For the most part, they are pretty similar in grit. Not sure why the top left corner is missing in a lot of the stones. Is it some sort of mark?

*** Sorry for the poor picture quality. Google seems to scale my picture down and I cant figure out how to link to the full sized version...

Quote Originally Posted by vinster View Post

Mostly on the softer side, though some are a little harder. Some are faster than others. For the most part, they are pretty similar in grit. Not sure why the top left corner is missing in a lot of the stones. Is it some sort of mark?

LET ME GET ONE OF THOSE LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by vinster View Post

*** Sorry for the poor picture quality. Google seems to scale my picture down and I cant figure out how to link to the full sized version...
    The ones with cut corner are #30 and are cheaper than those that are perfect shape. The missing corner is along the skin, where two layers of the strata are separated, not cut on purpose.

Atago Family Picture

Here are my stones from Atagoyama (maybe)

Red aoto, green aoto, green nakato, green awasedo, kiita, and kiita. Last 3 are #24 stones, which seem to be more available with the atago mine than others. The green aoto is the most recent addition and I have to say it might be my favorite nakato so far.... smoother and more consistent than any aoto I've tried to date, including an expensive vintage one.

Vinster, you're shaming the rest of us!