Page 148 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148
Results 1,471 to 1,477 of 1477

Thread: J-Nat Club

Quote Originally Posted by Badgertooth View Post
    I can't speak for Daniel's but the one I sold to Zweber thinking I could replace it, haunts me. I did actually eventually replace it and it's one I haven't written up because it would just be a hyperbole-driven fluff piece.

Second from top right
    A bit off topic but what's the top left hand ide stone that's kind of half in the picture?

I can't speak for Daniel's but the one I sold to Zweber thinking I could replace it, haunts me. I did actually eventually replace it and it's one I haven't written up because it would just be a hyperbole-driven fluff piece.

Second from top right
    Yeah, good nakayama suitable for kitchen knives seem pretty rare, especially that don't break the bank.

That's a Maruoyama Kiiro Suita. Kiiro suita (yellow suita) is a layer adjacent to shiro suita (white suita). A current favourite, which I use as a dry strop. This is going to sound odd but it has a feeling of dialling up any tooth and aggression you've established with lower grits and making it more prominent rather than polishing it out and muting it as can happen with some slicker finishers

Oh yeah I remember you talking about the Kiiro suita. That's interesting, so you're saying it essentially accentuates the edge traits that the previous stone left. Pretty cool!

Hiho!

Glad you like em )
    The 3 ones are just bought and still in Japan but should arrive this month because i wondt wait.

Actually i dondt have a clue how those Nakayama Suitas are, but i also had a picture with black Ink Slurry on the one thats on a Wood post.
    Description said "toishi tamagoiro suban sunashi?" And its a bit stiffer.. well i will see and i had to battle hard for this one ) well at least suminagashi pattern stuff.
    So its a clear 100% =¯\_(ツ)_/¯ .. my guts said "BrbrbrbrumbleWumble " .. wich means "looks good go for it and buy this".

So the Wakasa Awesedo i got today is as i expected it and looks like the twin brother of my Nakayama Awesedo (in terms of color)

@Badgertooth
    Ahh isnt that "that Ohira" that we battled against each other? Color in reality is much more yellow ! Also this Wakasa and my Ohira also have this black lacquering.. on the Sides and bottom.. it seems that it was a big collection or in some area its a custom to paint them with thick black lacquering..
    Pretty sexy stones on that picture!

Ahh i also remembered when you got that kiiro Maruyama! looks better on your pictures! I also got something yellow with such a gigantic wooden pyramid like socket..

Seeya Daniel

That's a Maruoyama Kiiro Suita. Kiiro suita (yellow suita) is a layer adjacent to shiro suita (white suita). A current favourite, which I use as a dry strop. This is going to sound odd but it has a feeling of dialling up any tooth and aggression you've established with lower grits and making it more prominent rather than polishing it out and muting it as can happen with some slicker finishers

Aahh, okay. Did you have a video of this one in action on YouTube?

Ahh i got my Nakayama Suita today from the stone fairy.

This think really shocked me.
    Its hard enough, super smooth and hyper fast, the slurry is a pastel orange.
    ...well thats as expected, but its an insane polisher.. the testknife from yesterday that was used on 20 Stones looked much cleaner after this one.
    It makes a very good kasumi finish and the bottom is also flat and can be used.

http://imgur.com/a/qLKfd

seeya daniel