Page 150 of 150 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150
Results 1,491 to 1,496 of 1496

Thread: J-Nat Club

How exactly do you use them? Do you chamfer the edge of the corner a little bit more to have a small flat area?

Quote Originally Posted by tommybig View Post
    How exactly do you use them? Do you chamfer the edge of the corner a little bit more to have a small flat area?
    No, not specific chamfering but lots of stones seem to come shaped like SIM cards

Mystery nakato time. I haven't a clue. Too soft for Tajima. Not Aizu though it's cut very similarly. Not binsui.

J-Nat Club

Quote Originally Posted by tommybig View Post
    Exactly. You shouldn't have sharp corners. The area you use for should be rounded, not really flat but continuously curved.
    Even in a " sim-card" form it's useful to get a proper shape. In this case i make 2 curved zones- for bigger and smaller works.
    The point is to have a curve, not a flat zone. The flat zone is your main sharpening area.
    Then you have at least 2 tools in one: flat for flat sharpening, curved for aggressive and specific sharpening.
    The curve is great to work in the zone behind the edge, actually precise thinning.

Thanks a lot Badgertooth and Andrey. I am definatelty gona try that! I am not a friend of sharpening out the very last low spot right away, and lose a lot of metal/time.

@Badgertooth: that Mystery nakato looks crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by Badgertooth View Post
    Mystery nakato time. I haven't a clue. Too soft for Tajima. Not Aizu though it's cut very similarly. Not binsui.

Good lord Bagder, where do you find these crazy stones??