Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Page 129 of 159 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1589

Thread: J-Nat Club

Thanks guys. Out of curiosity, has anybody tried using sandpaper to gradually round off and lap the edges/corner of jnats? I struggle with my diamond plate to remove a sharp edge without just creating another. Maybe I just need to get better at it though, but I'm open to alternative suggestion too.

Make a bevel, and then another bevel on each corner of that bevel. After that do one curving motion hitting all edges, back and forth to create smooth edge. Like sanding down edges of wood.

Makes sense, figured it was down to my technique. Ill give it a whirl.

New stones in the collection!
    Brown Saeki + Izumo nagura from Asteger, and a Nakayama Maruka Aisa( Probably a spelling mistake for something...This was sold to me by Ai and Om, a sister shop of Tosho )

The Nakayama is super hard, barely raises any slurry with a tomo nagura / Tsushima nagura.

Quote Originally Posted by tgfencer View Post
    Thanks guys. Out of curiosity, has anybody tried using sandpaper to gradually round off and lap the edges/corner of jnats? I struggle with my diamond plate to remove a sharp edge without just creating another. Maybe I just need to get better at it though, but I'm open to alternative suggestion too.
    Hiho!

Well what works very good and without the danger of getting particles from the sandpaper on the stone are micromesh pads. I use a 1500 Pad and you also get jnat powder on the Micromesh pad win/win
    It is much more controllable.. i also had some near heart attack situation when you accidentally slam into the stone with that heavy big diamond plate.
    I first use a diamond plate for making the edge and then mm pad action.

i can make super smooth edges, and round the corners that way.

Pardon a newbie question: What is micro mesh? I'm guessing it's like wet and dry sandpaper but in finer grits.

Hi!
    Well it is actually like sandpaper, but does not wear down and it can be on a papersheet or on a soft pad.
    i use my 1500 and 4000 Pad for over 2 Years and they still work like a charm.
    You can even use them for sharpening (put a sheet on a soft Mousepad and you can sharpen lowbudget with this)

Might be better to post this in a different subforum...this is Maxim's place...
    once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Fair enough. Here's a mizukihara and an okudo suita I just got in. For reference, the okudo is 205x75x34.

That suita looks super clean!! You had more a chance to play with the mizukihara?