Thread: Historical Finds

Historical Finds

By popular demand we've decided to open a "Historical Finds" sub-forum. This will be the place to accumulate those vintage images and information of bygone eras of kitchen knifemaking, sharpening, butchering, or any kitchen knife related use type of resources.

We ask that your posts stay on topic and that you use good titles so as for easy searching and referencing.

Enjoy!

If anyone finds, or knows of, an old thread that should be included here let me know and I'll move it over.

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    :mustache:Cool!!

Everything Steeley has posted in a section? I know a daunting task.

Agreed. Steeley needs a sub forum in this forum for all the cool stuff he shares!!!!

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

What I been trying to do is over time have a reference for people to research there kitchen knife finds and to bring it all in one place here in the KKF. community .
    There is not a whole lot of purely kitchen knifes and the history and maker mark's in one place .
    So along with makers and some images, history and found catalogs , this should be a place for everyone to contribute and enjoy.
    A clever cook can make good meat of a whetstone.” Erasmus

OH and thank you !
    i have a lot of things that would not make a full post but here it can fit in.

PS: while i been around the knife forums for sometime i never really started posting until Dave built this site.

To all who found that my post have no images showing up I am very sorry my image host shutdown .
    it had nothing to do with this fine forum just my poor choice in hosting site's .
    but I will slowly bring back most of the images that people enjoyed and continue to post new stuff when i find it
    sorry for any inconvenience.

Steeley

I want my money back!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeC View Post
    I want my money back!
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter