Quantcast
Shigefusa - Page 17
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 183

Thread: Shigefusa

  1. #161
    I think Maxim has had a much steadier supply of Shiges the last year or so than any vendor previously. I think the demand is still the same, it's just the supply is much better.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

  2. #162
    Yep

    I sold quite many 240 Kasumis this and last year.
    Now everyone want Kitaejis :P

  3. #163
    Had i not just ordered a masamoto ks 240 gyuto i would have bought the 240 kasumi.

  4. #164
    And i'm waiting for my Kato with Dragon engraving... I have already 5 Gyutos, somebody should stop me..
    The one in 240 size looks great.. No, i should resist..

  5. #165
    Senior Member Anton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Venice, CA
    Posts
    550
    I think Shigs are still in demand, they are great knives, and in some cases somewhat of a benchmark/standard IMO. That being said there is also more competition now days.

    Quote Originally Posted by crunchy View Post
    is it me or has the shigefusa craze finally come to an end?
    if so, what is the reason in your opinion?


    A 240mm kasumi gyuto has been up on maxims site for a couple days now and nobody has purchased it yet!?!?!?!

  6. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by Anton View Post
    I think Shigs are still in demand, they are great knives, and in some cases somewhat of a benchmark/standard IMO. That being said there is also more competition now days.
    I suppose that many users prefer to get a Kitaeji rather then a Kasumi. This seems to be a trend

  7. #167
    In the past year I've sold more than one Shigefusa, but my money's in stones now and one day I hope to go kitaeji. They're just too nice. Either that or, of course, Kikuryu. Both knives are way expensive though. Yikes.

  8. #168
    Quote Originally Posted by Asteger View Post
    In the past year I've sold more than one Shigefusa, but my money's in stones now and one day I hope to go kitaeji. They're just too nice. Either that or, of course, Kikuryu. Both knives are way expensive though. Yikes.
    I have many knives ( i use them as well), and i like all the Shigefusa versions- yesterday i've got my first Kuroushi Shige- i was really impressed- the finish is just outstanding! It's like a silk, very smooth. And of fourse, the Kitaeji is just a beauty.. I love it..
    Next week i'll get my Kato Dragon- i suppose i will impressed me again . The only one point i really regret is that i have missed the 300 mm Shigefusa Yanagiba- is was too long just without any movement- so i thought i' get it when i'll be ready- now it's too late.. Ok, next time
    For this i'll get a top Masamoto Yanagi!

  9. #169
    Senior Member Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    506
    I should point out that after you have owned most of the Shig types out there, or for anyone who feels they have run out of knives to buy, you are supposed to move on to folders. I am waiting for a Chris Reeve. Having said that; however, I still track available Shigs at all times.
    Everywhere you go, there you are.

  10. #170
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    I should point out that after you have owned most of the Shig types out there, or for anyone who feels they have run out of knives to buy, you are supposed to move on to folders.
    I don't even know what's done with a folder. What's the appeal?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •