Quantcast
Shigefusa - Page 19
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Shigefusa

Quote Originally Posted by schanop View Post
    It is good to hear that the yo is still your favourite. Being a 54mm tall, relatively thin at the spine, and weight 230-240g feels really good in hand. 240 wa-kitaeji that went to Rami has a nice thick, rounded spine, and it was almost 210g with smaller ho handle too.

My 240 yo kitaeji is at 53m, 230g, and it does feel nice both in my hand and in my eyes.
    Used it yesterday. Worth every penny and then some. Brought a smile to my face.

Good to hear that, Rami.

Not all kitaeji gyuto are thicker and bigger than kasumi. 240 kitaeji that James received recently is a bit shorter, probably 48 vs 50 (Rami's) and is a fair bit thinner at the spine.

Quote Originally Posted by Von blewitt View Post
    near 220g as I think that would be my ideal. Having said that I have a 240mm Yo Gyuto, and it is my favourite Gyuto! I think Kitaeji Gyutos run a little heavier, maybe you should track one down
    Your fav? Impressive, because if there's one thing I know is that Huw's gone through a good many different gyuto. Good idea, tx.

Quote Originally Posted by schanop View Post
    Not all kitaeji gyuto are thicker and bigger than kasumi. 240 kitaeji that James received recently is a bit shorter, probably 48 vs 50 (Rami's) and is a fair bit thinner at the spine.
    Hmm, rather than take that chance, sounds like it would be wise to put in an order requesting one be made on the heavier/bigger end. Has anyone tried an order with this kind of spec?

+ Reply to Thread