Quantcast
Shigefusa - Page 15
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Shigefusa

That's the JNS 6000, right? Do they a natural only as the finisher?

Quote Originally Posted by maxim View Post
    I did try outdoor, but i think in the dark with black background and light i have better results.
    Need to find out how they take photos of Katana
    They use a light box. I used to have one I built, but it got broken in a move and I haven't made one since. Basically you use 8 side outlet 90° bends, and connect them with PVC pipe in whatever dimensions you want your box to be (24" square box = 24" pipe). You then use the box as a frame for your backdrop and diffusers (I used a black microfiber 'throw' blanket for a background and white sheets for light diffusers). At that point add your lights, and take your pictures from a hole you cut in the front of the box (this keeps the steel from reflecting YOU lol). The black and white really seemed to bring out hamon activity (others have used it to bring out layered activity in tamahagane...much like your 'clouds') in steel.

Here's a quick wiki tutorial I found, only they're using a cardboard box. I like the PVC better because its modular...you can have three different sized light boxes by just cutting different length pipes.

http://www.wikihow.com/Create-an-Ine...raphy-Lightbox

Hope that helps!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CrisAnderson27 View Post
    They use a light box. I used to have one I built, but it got broken in a move and I haven't made one since. Basically you use 8 side outlet 90° bends, and connect them with PVC pipe in whatever dimensions you want your box to be (24" square box = 24" pipe). You then use the box as a frame for your backdrop and diffusers (I used a black microfiber 'throw' blanket for a background and white sheets for light diffusers). At that point add your lights, and take your pictures from a hole you cut in the front of the box (this keeps the steel from reflecting YOU lol). The black and white really seemed to bring out hamon activity (others have used it to bring out layered activity in tamahagane...much like your 'clouds') in steel.

Here's a quick wiki tutorial I found, only they're using a cardboard box. I like the PVC better because its modular...you can have three different sized light boxes by just cutting different length pipes.

http://www.wikihow.com/Create-an-Ine...raphy-Lightbox

Hope that helps!
    That's the JNS 6000, right? Do they a natural only as the finisher?
    Yeah and then Natural
    That Ohira you see in the picture with huge digged out line

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2250.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	63.4 KB 
ID:	18158

You know when you have to big stock or just mess :P when you find 2 Shig gyutos
    that you did not know you had

2x 210 mm Kasumi Gyutos is in stock

I could use one as a freebie maxim
    "A recipe has no soul. You as the cook must bring soul to the recipe." -Thomas Keller

Any chance of more Usuba coming back in stock? I really wanted a 210 kama but they just sold out...

Thank you Maxim

I'd work for Maxim as a shop cleaner.

just what I was looking for... thanks Maxim
    one man gathers what another man spills...

Quote Originally Posted by maxim View Post
    You know when you have to big stock or just mess :P when you find 2 Shig gyutos
    that you did not know you had

2x 210 mm Kasumi Gyutos is in stock
    if those were 240s, I think I would have a weak moment...