Shigefusa

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxim

Founding Member
Reaction score
As many of you know, I have officially become the retailer for both Shigefusa and Yoshihide (Iizuka-san son) knives.

No doubt, if you have ordered one of these masterpieces in the past, you already know that wait times on a Shigefusa or Yoshihide is quite long and can vary substantially with the particular knife you have requested. This wait time, can often be frustrating and difficult for everyone concerned, including me because I adore their knives as much as anyone J

I must also admit that I am not a big fan of taking custom orders for Shigefusa, as I simply have no time frame for when they will arrive, and I hate taking peoples money upfront and then wasting their time on waiting for a product that may take months to arrive.

But, I encourage you to email me your wishes for Shigefusa and Yoshihide knives and at that time I will let know if I will able to order it for you or not. I always order more than one, so there is a great possibility that a similar knife may already be under progress, and thus finished far sooner than any single custom order!

As an example, I currently have many knives on order from Iizuka-san and his son that are already in progress and should ship soon, very few of which have owners.

So in the future, I have developed a system that I believe will make the process much simpler and far easier for all involved: You, Me, and Shigefusa.

This is the Plan:

I will make a subscriber mailing list that is only for people interested in Shigefusa and Yoshihide knives. You can subscribe this mailing list and as soon as I am made aware that knives are shipping, I will send a group subscriber email out. Then, the first to respond will have the first pick of the knives.

As part of the email, I will also describe what kinds of knives are shipping, as well as a current market price list.

Subscribe to Shigefusa List

BUT, PLEASE NOTE: I will keep all of my current promises and obligations to all those who have already ordered Shigefusa and Yoshihide knives. Those who have ordered previously, but who have not yet received their knives, will be informed first.

Thank you for your understanding and Support,

Maxim

This batch is sold :) Thanks !!

IMGP2498.jpg

IMGP2499.jpg

IMGP2501.jpg

IMGP2502.jpg

never heard of Shigefusa, could u enlighten me more about it?

No no, shigafusa is a device to defuse a shig, which is an electrical device from Japan!

No no, shigafusa is a device to defuse a shig, which is an electrical device from Japan!

Spike, everyone the fusa arms the shig and makes it dangerous. The deshigefusa is the device(and person) that defuses the shigefusa

Shigefusa is the trade name for Shigefloxam Fusocyanate, a drug developed to counteract the toxic effect of heavy metal buildup from your fingers being perpetually covered in swarf and mud from JNats. Once it builds up in your muscles, it will actually alter the mitochondrial DNA in the cells that line the walls of your blood vessels, and slowly convert them to a compound comprised of Silica, Carbon, and Iron, until your blood is literally flowing with Hitachi steel and Uchigomori mud.

Traditionally, when old sword makers died, they would just remove these deposits from their hearts and that is where Tamahagane "Blooms" come from. They then made more swords out of them, which closes the energy cycle.

Shigefusa is the trade name for Shigefloxam Fusocyanate, a drug developed to counteract the toxic effect of heavy metal buildup from your fingers being perpetually covered in swarf and mud from JNats. Once it builds up in your muscles, it will actually alter the mitochondrial DNA in the cells that line the walls of your blood vessels, and slowly convert them to a compound comprised of Silica, Carbon, and Iron, until your blood is literally flowing with Hitachi steel and Uchigomori mud.

Traditionally, when old sword makers died, they would just remove these deposits from their hearts and that is where Tamahagane "Blooms" come from. They then made more swords out of them, which closes the energy cycle.

ha!

I Have still 2 x 180mm Shigefusa Kasumi Deba available from last news mail !!!
Pm for price :)

IMGP2941.jpg

Another Saya Job for Shigefusa 180mm Deba

IMGP4149.jpg

IMGP4155.jpg

IMGP4156.jpg

IMGP4158.jpg

IMGP4159.jpg

IMGP4161.jpg

4 Shigefusa available in the store !!! :)

2x Shigefusa Kasumi Yanagiba 300mm

attachment.php

1x 180mm Kasumi Deba

attachment.php

1x 120mm Kasumi Deba

IMGP4480.JPG

a little different kanji on Shiges !!

another maker ?
:detective:

All kanji are the same: 登録重房 'Registered Shigefusa'. Some Shigefusa have another 5th character (on certain lines/types) but not these. The hand-done big characers 重房 might vary, but the small ones I think are stamped.

I also think it might be the "Kitaeji" line on the last photo which suppose to have hand banged on kanji, where there might be slight differences in appereance.

Back