Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: Shigefusa

Congratulations!

Always wishing I checked my email just a few minutes earlier when the Shig thread comes in...always too late!

I have to ask with the crazy high demand why aren't the shigefusa trio making more yo-handled knives? Does anyone have a proper explanation?

I've wondered this too Nimrod

I always assumed its more labour intensive to make yo blades with integrated bolsters so wa is easier and quicker to make more of

Quote Originally Posted by Badgertooth View Post
    I've wondered this too Nimrod

Quote Originally Posted by ynot1985 View Post
    I always assumed its more labour intensive to make yo blades with integrated bolsters so wa is easier and quicker to make more of
    this is probably true, i mean from a production point of view, why not bang out more wa and still have them sell out on the spot than take more time to bang out a yo.

Quote Originally Posted by inzite View Post
    this is probably true, i mean from a production point of view, why not bang out more wa and still have them sell out on the spot than take more time to bang out a yo.
    For sure this is a multifactorial and complex operational/supply chain/market question, though maybe the answer is as simple that the family is not profit driven and their craft is regarded as an elevate mix of tradition and art?

I think some are looking too deeply into it. Perhaps it's simply what they chose and want to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon Burke View Post
    Shigefusa is the trade name for Shigefloxam Fusocyanate, a drug developed to counteract the toxic effect of heavy metal buildup from your fingers being perpetually covered in swarf and mud from JNats. Once it builds up in your muscles, it will actually alter the mitochondrial DNA in the cells that line the walls of your blood vessels, and slowly convert them to a compound comprised of Silica, Carbon, and Iron, until your blood is literally flowing with Hitachi steel and Uchigomori mud.

Traditionally, when old sword makers died, they would just remove these deposits from their hearts and that is where Tamahagane "Blooms" come from. They then made more swords out of them, which closes the energy cycle.
    Well played, sir!

nakiri.