Magazine article on Japanese kitchen knives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sw2geeks

Founding Member
Reaction score
I wrote an article about collecting and cooking with Japanese kitchen knives that published this week in Indulge magazine.
Sharpened, re-tipped and polished my knives for the photo shoot. Brought around 10 knives and they chose 6 to shoot.
I did mention this forum in the article.

This link will take you to the digital edition http://digital.indulgedfw.com/Olive/ODE/Indulge/.
The article is on pages 26-30.

Steve

527170_3409024939917_1945671954_n.jpg

Nice Steve. The more knife articles like this the better, wait, there's never any like this... so yeah....this is better. :)

And thanks for the mentions. :thumbsup:

Good article. Thanks, maybe more people will "get it" now.

Loved reading it. Gave a view that no other article has shown, that should be.

Here is a picture of the studio photographer, Ross, taking a photos of my knives. He built a white "Fort" around the knives and shot the photos up a ladder in the ceiling.

I think the idea was to light the reflections and to shoot at a distance to keep himself out of the reflections, or at least small.

KnifePic.jpg

After reading every other kitchen knife article, I always wished that the author had just spent a few hours browsing this forum or maybe talked to a few of the knuts before writing the article. However, I realized that was probably never going to happen...never did I hope -much less think it possible- that someone from the forum would actually author and article themselves.

You struck a great balance between depth / factual, hardcore info and breezy readability to keep it interesting / accessible to knewbies and the gen pop.

Really well done! The knives and photography where awesome too!

Thanks everybody for the nice comments :biggrin:

The article seems to be going over well with readers new to knives, but posting it here was the real test.

Thanks everybody for the nice comments :biggrin:

The article seems to be going over well with readers new to knives, but posting it here was the real test.

If you can past muster with these guys you're doing pretty good. :)

Back