Trying out a new-ish idea

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
Using videos to show the wood is not a new idea, but using a short video clip with the individual pieces is something I am trying out. I was thinking about posting short clips with the higher end pieces in my web store. Then next day I get a phone call from El Pescador and he says "You need to post videos of your high end pieces so people can know what the heck they are getting".
He must be psycho or something. ........I mean psychic.

I filmed some short video clips for some of the blocks in the High End Collector Grade Pieces section of the store.
The ones with a video clip will have a designation on the thumbnail page for the category.

What do you guys think? Would this help you when making a decision of what to get? ......or dumb idea?
If you would like to take a look and then give your opinion it would be appreciated.
This link will take you to the category where there are pieces with video clips.

Great idea.

Short 20 second clips is all it takes to get a much better sense of the piece than a front/back picture alone.

Great idea. It will show more, and why they are higher value.

Great idea. (We're sounding like a broken record. I am, at least.) Dude, those are nice koa pieces. Sucks that I can't afford them. :-(

:helpsos::helpsos: I would almost take a :nutskick: for that tapered block....:jawdrop::tongue4:

I guess this confirms that I am brilliant...I keep telling everyone but nobody listens to me. I think the helmet throws them off...

It can be surprising the great ideas that can come from those guys riding the short bus.
Makes me think of that movie where Dudley Moore was an ad guy and was put into a mental institution.
He became really successful using ideas from the crazy people.
Not saying Pesky is crazy, but..........
When I ask if he bumped his head, he can just point at his helmet.

Latest posts

Back