Quantcast
First Boardsmith ordered for me...
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Boardsmith ordered for me...

First Boardsmith ordered for me...

My sister had thought I was just in a fit of enthusiasm when talking to her about knives. I sharpened her Wusthof and no-names, and she was much happier. But I sent her a CarboNext gyuto, which I bought used pretty cheap and sharpened myself. She used it and flipped out, started to understand all sorts of things she didn't before (like... it really IS possible to cut off your fingertips quickly if your technique is lackadaisical...)

Anyway, then decided she needed a good board. Asked my recommendation. I pointed her at Dave. And she decided she was buying me one, too. Just what I wanted (in fact) and what I emphatically did not ask for. I got so much the better end of this "deal" ! Can't wait to get it and start cutting foodstuffs.

Your gona LOVE IT!!! I really have enjoyed mine.. I am always trying to figure out a reason to get it dirty! What type of wood did she get?

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

HHH Custom Knives T Shirts.

Thanks, Randy - For herself and for me both,she ordered Cherry. Which sounds great to me.

Cherry is NICE!!! Mine is maple and mahogany borders. Pictures when you get it are a must!

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

HHH Custom Knives T Shirts.

Pics... on my cellphone only, sadly! But ok!

I think you are going to owe your sister some more complimentary knife sharpening!

Let us know what you think when it arrives.

Totally... at least that!

Congratulations! That's a great story.

It's a slightly better than true story. I just learned from her and Dave. She indeed bought me a board (yay!) but not her own yet... she's deciding on size and whether to do that or get something permanently installed o. a counter or island. Obviously she's got a real house with a real size kitchen. I thought the referral got Dave double the business already!

Quote Originally Posted by Wagstaff View Post
    It's a slightly better than true story. I just learned from her and Dave. She indeed bought me a board (yay!) but not her own yet... she's deciding on size and whether to do that or get something permanently installed o. a counter or island. Obviously she's got a real house with a real size kitchen. I thought the referral got Dave double the business already!
    Dave makes things for that and has a phone number otherwise yours will be nicer than hers. I seriously don't understand how I got by before mine.

+ Reply to Thread