First Boardsmith ordered for me...

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wagstaff

Reaction score
My sister had thought I was just in a fit of enthusiasm when talking to her about knives. I sharpened her Wusthof and no-names, and she was much happier. But I sent her a CarboNext gyuto, which I bought used pretty cheap and sharpened myself. She used it and flipped out, started to understand all sorts of things she didn't before (like... it really IS possible to cut off your fingertips quickly if your technique is lackadaisical...)

Anyway, then decided she needed a good board. Asked my recommendation. I pointed her at Dave. And she decided she was buying me one, too. Just what I wanted (in fact) and what I emphatically did not ask for. I got so much the better end of this "deal" ! Can't wait to get it and start cutting foodstuffs.

Your gona LOVE IT!!! I really have enjoyed mine.. I am always trying to figure out a reason to get it dirty! :) What type of wood did she get?

Thanks, Randy - For herself and for me both,she ordered Cherry. Which sounds great to me.

I think you are going to owe your sister some more complimentary knife sharpening!

Let us know what you think when it arrives.

It's a slightly better than true story. I just learned from her and Dave. She indeed bought me a board (yay!) but not her own yet... she's deciding on size and whether to do that or get something permanently installed o. a counter or island. Obviously she's got a real house with a real size kitchen. I thought the referral got Dave double the business already!

It's a slightly better than true story. I just learned from her and Dave. She indeed bought me a board (yay!) but not her own yet... she's deciding on size and whether to do that or get something permanently installed o. a counter or island. Obviously she's got a real house with a real size kitchen. I thought the referral got Dave double the business already!

Dave makes things for that and has a phone number otherwise yours will be nicer than hers. I seriously don't understand how I got by before mine.

I think whatever she does it will be tbrough Dave finally.... just she's mulling more than I was given to understand. She's got a smaller not-Dave end grain board to tide over the edge till she figures out what the Real one will be. Meanwhile I'm super grateful for the order placed for me. ME ME ME, I always say. But when she originally asked me recommendation, she was asking for herself at least. Anyway, I'll nidge her to call before she does anything install-y. Else she'll just get a bigger board.

I think whatever she does it will be tbrough Dave finally.... just she's mulling more than I was given to understand. She's got a smaller not-Dave end grain board to tide over the edge till she figures out what the Real one will be. Meanwhile I'm super grateful for the order placed for me. ME ME ME, I always say. But when she originally asked me recommendation, she was asking for herself at least. Anyway, I'll nidge her to call before she does anything install-y. Else she'll just get a bigger board.

Dave has made some ridiculously awesome islands too (from what I can see in pictures).

Back