Chefdepot.com

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candlejack

Reaction score
So, just wanted to share this little entertainment

Sent an email with a bit of feedback to this wonderful store, about their design and how they profile themselves (ie. by using a yahoo.com email instead of a @chefdepot.com or even a gmail, the very, very simplistic design of the store, and of course, the hired troll Giovanni.)

The response was: Blow it out ya ass ! (in very big and bold letters.)

A serious store, but now i have it confirmed that it's a one man operation too.

He's such a clown, i wonder if he knows it himself

What is your favorite Giovanni quote? Or video?

I have a long back and forth going with that no talent ass clown. He's been trolling my vids for months. For a good laugh, check out the comment section in my mioroshi salmon vid.

http://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=Jhsj1d9SGwM

Care to share the original letter with us as well?

Ass clown!!! Haha! What a douche. Why is that guy hating on your vids?

I have never watched any of his vids. but I don't want to either.

I actually asked him to join us here to learn a little bit about J knives and he instantly banned me from his channel and started attacking my vids. I prolly shoulda banned him as well months ago but the comedy he provides is more than compensation.

Some classic quotes:

"Did I mention I was executive Chef of a private club at age 23 ?

Wish you worked for me. You would eat that fish head for lunch. Then, I would enjoy watching you peel potatoes all day. LOL just the same."

And how could you forget such numbers as:

"Boy, I could school you at least 1000 ways before we enter the kitchen. I am a "certified Executive Chef" CEC, do you know what that means?"

And everyone's favorite:

"75% You are holding the knife incorrectly. You should practice by peeling and slicing potatoes."

Trolololol

View attachment 7905

I guess I don't understand what he was meaning about being a CEC. Most executive chefs I have met never had to be certified, just hired. (they also could have not told me something too.) I think the 1000 ways was his attempt at a pickup line?

Some classic quotes:

"Did I mention I was executive Chef of a private club at age 23 ?

Wish you worked for me. You would eat that fish head for lunch. Then, I would enjoy watching you peel potatoes all day. LOL just the same."

"75% You are holding the knife incorrectly. You should practice by peeling and slicing potatoes."

Everyone knows potatoes are just like smaller salmon. Is eating a fish head supposed to be a punishment?

Everyone knows potatoes are just like smaller salmon. Is eating a fish head supposed to be a punishment?

Yes, actually potatoes are smaller salmon. Once a salmon lays it's eggs, the eggs stay dormant until they reach the "fingerling" stage. At this point sea turtles drag the small potato egg on shore and bury them. After 3 more weeks of gestation the fingerling salmon eggs turn into yukon golds or kennebecs depending on whether they were scottish salmon or norwegian.

Certification is ok, but it's certainly not the holy grail. Means more on a resume than in practical appliaction.

Exec for a private club at 23 huh? When I was kid I used to bring the chips and soda to our 'clubhouse'. Guess that made me F&B director.

I have a long back and forth going with that no talent ass clown. He's been trolling my vids for months. For a good laugh, check out the comment section in my mioroshi salmon vid.

I also think you struggled with that fish a little.
I bought deba to show the respect to the fish Im working on, so i begin to cut the scales away or just scrape them out. First reason is I hate fish scales being with contact with the flesh and the other and maybe more important is the skin without scales sticks to the cutting board, so its easier to work the fish for me.
Also, I start with the other side fillet first, and begin my cut from the top. Its hard on salmon but with practice it goes. Theres less meat on the bone left, and more on the fillet itself. Cutting through skin is easier when theres no scales.

I understand you may not have time do descale fish, but then why using deba, and not flexible filleter?

As to the rest of his comments, does he have nothing better to do?

My favourite is about the global chefs knife: "Perfect balance, even in the box":laughat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJS0RE8TPug&feature=plcp

Care to share the original letter with us as well?

Of course:

Hi. I wanted to help you out with your business.

First, the biggest problem with it is Giovanni. Who is paid to ruin your image and make you look less than trustworthy.
He lacks the basic knowledge about most of what he is selling, and on top of that, he is rude and ignorant. (and removes any comment helping him to learn and stop spreading mis-information.)

The second is to get someone to design your website, from the ground up. Completely clean start. Right now, it looks like someone who's barely drawn a stick-figure designed it (i mean nothing ill, but this is the feeling you get)
Also, you should change to a @chefdepot.com email instead of a yahoo email, the yahoo does not strengthen your image.

Once again, fire Giovanni. He's the biggest fault. Get someone more humble, wiser and not as rude to do your reviews. Instead of this testosterone pumped italian with a Napoleon complex.

Good luck in the future, i know i will not trust to purchase anything before the above has been changed, and i know many who agree, especially about the Giovanni part.

"It's so Sharp I'll put on this Chain Mail glove"

I think we need to do a group buy....

**Cough** Or learn how to use it..

Video response? Nut up or shut up.

I think Theory also thinks that he did. As it was his second go at fileting a salmon with a deba, i bet he's going at it faster and cleaner now when he's gotten used to it

Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.

lol
what exactly makes you think i would waste my time to please someone like you?

I for one am a big believer in "If you talk the talk you better walk the walk". Old American saying.

I'm sure anyone who watched my live demo at the ecg last weekend will attest there certainly was no "struggling". Since that particular vid has garnered so much "hatred" I had planned an update in HD anyway. It's been 6 months now since that vid and I've been using that style exclusively since then. I'll have to look around but I'm sure I have some newer footage somewhere.

Yeah, quite a difference between the video and the ECG demonstration. Rick seems pretty darn comfortable with that knife now.

I guess I don't understand what he was meaning about being a CEC. Most executive chefs I have met never had to be certified, just hired. (they also could have not told me something too.) I think the 1000 ways was his attempt at a pickup line?

CEC is a certification you can get through the ACF. They have everything from Culinarian to Master in hot food and pastry. So CEC means he took a written and practical exam from the American Culinary Federation. The only reason I know this is because my culinary school I attended was ACF accredited.

CEC is a certification you can get through the ACF. They have everything from Culinarian to Master in hot food and pastry. So CEC means he took a written and practical exam from the American Culinary Federation. The only reason I know this is because my culinary school I attended was ACF accredited.

I figured as much. Ty for posting, just another reason to shell out money for a line on the resume.

I'm sure anyone who watched my live demo at the ecg last weekend will attest there certainly was no "struggling". Since that particular vid has garnered so much "hatred" I had planned an update in HD anyway. It's been 6 months now since that vid and I've been using that style exclusively since then. I'll have to look around but I'm sure I have some newer footage somewhere.

You broke that salmon down in true ninja style. I watched it with my own eyes.

As someone who is not a culinary professional, and has zero fish-breaking experience, not only did Rick make it look smooth, but "struggling"? I wish I could struggle that badly.

After having posted hundreds of videos over the last five years I've had many a dude call me out. Sorry, it's a pride thing, especially with chefs. We're a touchy bunch.

My response is always..............Bring it.

After having posted hundreds of videos over the last five years I've had many a dude call me out. Sorry, it's a pride thing, especially with chefs. We're a touchy bunch.

My response is always..............Bring it.

I'm actually going to show my protein fab instructor your " marbeling a ribeye" video to see if she'll let us try it...

Back