Another FNG

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pitonboy

Reaction score
I am happy to join your little community as it has already opened my horizons about sharp pointy things. I spend my days using scalpels and my free time in the kitchen, so I am cutting all the time. Not to sound too perverse, but the sensation of using a blade is gratifying unto itself; many of my surgeon friends agree with this.
In any case, thanks for letting me play in your sandbox

Ben

Welcome! Hmmmm, i see kitchen scalpels in your future :D

Welcome Ben! So what are the basics of your home surgical kit?

Yes. Are you really permitted to do surgery at home? I just went through my Dad's old Dr. Welby stuff; pocket holders for glass syringes, old bottles of morphine and some other drug in little glass viles that is no longer fda approved, a blood pressure thingy with enough mercury to kill an entire city of tuna... Many speculums for some reason!

Yes, in this sandbox, you have to reveal your stuff so we can convince you to buy more stuff. ;)

In rough order of acquisition:

Wusthof standard set
Sabatier chef, slicer, utility, parer
Global chef
Shun petty
Kikuchi petty and guyto
Mizuno VG-10
Sakai petty
Takeda guyto
Masahiro suji
Miyabi suji
Blazen honyaki and guyto
******** laser guyto
Moritaka guyto
Konosuke kiritsuke
Ghessin Hide guyto
Zakuri petty
Shigefusa utility/fruit knife
Devin ITK
HHH guyto

Need something to break down smaller fish

On the list for Dave, Marko

Surgical instruments are useful for cooking, but mostly as scissors. Scalpels are small and go dull quickly

Wusthof standard set
Sabatier chef, slicer, utility, parer
Global chef
Shun petty
Kikuchi petty and guyto
Mizuno VG-10
Sakai petty
Takeda guyto
Masahiro suji
Miyabi suji
Blazen honyaki and guyto
******** laser guyto
Moritaka guyto
Konosuke kiritsuke
Ghessin Hide guyto
Zakuri petty
Shigefusa utility/fruit knife
Devin ITK
HHH guyto

This "new" guy here, is a ringer, lol.

Nice stuff in there!

Welcome!

"Not to sound too perverse, but the sensation of using a blade is gratifying unto itself..."

Sooooo, did you serve it with some fava beans and a nice chianti???

Nice collection. Hope to get there someday.

Welcome Ben. Btw, I think you should have a maker here create some nice carbon scalpels for you. Nothing is more reassuring than a scalpel with a heavy patina from past protein cuts ;)

k.

Btw, I think you should have a maker here create some nice carbon scalpels for you.

Carbon steel for this application just isn't practical. I wold talk to Devin about the possibility of stainless damascus scalpels in his feather pattern.

Welcome to the forum Ben.

Welcome! Originally from the Berkshires in Western, MA here. Also, recently endured a considerable amount of 'scalpel' esque work at the hands of a surgeon. You'll enjoy it here!

Back