Quantcast
No soy sushi - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No soy sushi

How is this a revolution? Hasn't Morimoto been doing this type of thing for a while now?

Anyways, I'm with the guys that like it simpler, but it is still possible to put the fish on your tongue first with this type of sushi.

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    yes pull it off the rice. But that isn't sushi anymore it is sashimi. From what I understand.

Lol, no. I don't know if you guys have eaten this type of sushi before, but I didn't have any trouble just flipping the nigiri before putting it in my mouth. It was a little messier, though.

What i normally get is the traditional nigiri. I am always looking for new ways to try it. I have enjoyed all of the nigiri i have tried, but am on the fence about albacore, what i had was dry and fishy. I want to do a US, and obviously Japan sushi tour.

Quote Originally Posted by heirkb View Post
    Lol, no. I don't know if you guys have eaten this type of sushi before, but I didn't have any trouble just flipping the nigiri before putting it in my mouth. It was a little messier, though.
    I doubt I have. I would rather do that cutting than go to a sushi place and have it done for me. But I am intrigued.

Hmm...I don't know why, but I can't seem to understand your last post Crothpict. I just meant that I would hold on to the nigiri and flip it rice side up at the last second.

I just watched the video, it wouldn't load earlier. This isn't as bad as I was expecting from someone who thinks they have revolutionized sushi, but how is this a revolution?

Quote Originally Posted by Crothcipt View Post
    While in Ohio, we went to a Japanese bbq place. My sis. got just a tuna roll, were as I got a red dragon roll. Guess what one everyone ate? Btw, she put both wasabi and pickled ginger on all her rolls. Except the red dragon roll.

I was proud of her any way just because she would never eat fish as a kid. I always would tell her that fresh fish won't taste fishy but what did I know.
    I don't understand this post at all!

@heirkb I was meaning that I may not have eaten that type of sushi, and I don't go to many sushi restaurants. (not many in land locked Wyoming)

@slotyper My sister never used to eat fish at all. Never would even try a bite, hated even the thought. My sis and nieces, just got a simple roll. The red dragon roll was eel covered with a red sauce (I don't remember what) Everyone ate more of the red dragon roll than the simple ones they ordered.

I agree that it is common for some pieces to have a garnish...as a point of semantics it looked like his ponzu was ponzu-soy, and eel sauce is largely soy based.

Anytime the garnish is kept to the refreshing side it is more likely to feel clean and or help crisp up a fatty bit.

We do :

yuzu koshu -- scallop
    ginger scallion -- bonito
    ponzu soy diakon -- oyster
    oba -- ika
    plum wine -- monkfish liver
    powdered miso -- Suzuki
    Togarashi -- Albacore

Some I love, some I disagree with and, some I didn't list because they get on my nerves.

My guess about the preference of restaurants use or not use condiments has more to do with ticket times than flavor or tradition.

+ Reply to Thread