Quantcast
Rubbing my butt - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rubbing my butt

Now, that is some serious butt to sink your teeth into...

That pulled pork looks perfect. I love that you didn't shred it to mush and left it in big chunks, and the bark looks delicious!

Nice bark on that butt!

Was the bark still crispy even though you finished it in the covered roasting pan?

I did my first butt over the weekend and used the America's Test Kitchen method b/c I wasn't familiar with the smoker which required wrapping in it Al foil and finishing it in the oven. After wrapping it in foil, any bark lost all its texture due to being steamed in the foil.

Quote Originally Posted by UCChemE05 View Post
    Was the bark still crispy even though you finished it in the covered roasting pan?

I did my first butt over the weekend and used the America's Test Kitchen method b/c I wasn't familiar with the smoker which required wrapping in it Al foil and finishing it in the oven. After wrapping it in foil, any bark lost all its texture due to being steamed in the foil.
    That's the nature of the beast. The bark will always soften up if you wrap the meat in foil and leave it wrapped for an extended time. Personally, I don't think that it's necessarily a bad thing though. You still get that smokey flavor, but since it has softened up it blends with the rest of the meat better. You can always remove the bark after pulling the meat from the smoker so it will stay crunchy before wrapping the butt and putting it the oven. This way the bark can be served as an appetizer. The other option is to just finish the cooking in the smoker which is what I do.

So much butt talk in this thread, i am about to mail out complimentary knickers!!! Seriously, that looks fantastic!!! Great food and a great view also!!!

Sponsors
    Jealous! Enjoy you're pork butt in the gorgeous weather!

omg... I miss Washington. so. much.

I think I speak for many of my fellow forumites when I say how disappointed I was when I opened this thread only to find pictures of some stupid pork roast.

Considering the demographics of this forum, I was overwhelmingly NOT disappointed after I opened this thread "only to find pictures of some stupid pork roast"

Just saying....

Quote Originally Posted by mc2442 View Post
    Considering the demographics of this forum, I was overwhelmingly NOT disappointed after I opened this thread "only to find pictures of some stupid pork roast"

Just saying....
    Yeah, I shudda said, "when I opened this thread, by Lucrecia...." Otherwise, we might have found ourselves in the Deliverence forum.